⇻50⇺

We entered the school gates side by side before Phil quickly muttered 'meet her after school.' then took off in the direction of his friends. I really couldn't blame him not wanting to be seen with me - that one quiet boy who avoids interaction at all costs. If I were him i'd run as far away from me as possible.

As the day progressed nothing too eventful happened. I complained to PJ about all the homework we were assigned, was told off for not finishing an assignment, and got the occasional homophobic slur thrown at me in the corridors. Nothing new really, but there was still more than half the day left so touch wood.

Peej and I were walking to our respected lockers grabbing our lunch sacks. "You go ahead I've got to meet up with Louise really quick." I didn't question it and continued walking to the cafeteria.

"Hey fag, fancy seeing you here." I flinched in recognizing the horrid gravelly voice I'd grown to hate.

I couldn't bother to turn around knowing i'd be dragged wherever he pleased. In this case it was the courtyard, past the eating grounds and around the corner of the school. Hidden away from any peering eyes.

The first hit I could have sworn came out of nowhere. I wasn't nearly prepared for the pain directed toward my stomach. I groaned looking up seeing the rest of the group gathering around for the show.

They all took turns one following after the other. Sam and Joe worked in a joint effort. One holding me down restricting me from any movement whilst the other kicked, punched, slapped or whatever they wanted. My head was being held forcefully to the concrete, I felt the little rocks prod at my cheek, daring to tear the skin.

I opened my eyes for a brief second to see the oh so familiar black boots. Trailing up the lanky boy's body my eyes met his, and I plead silently watching his eyes flick away from me burning with anger. I saw him look down to my shaking, tattered body. With a final kick to the temple via a blonde boy I couldn't name. The last thing I saw was something inside Phil snap and he yelled "YOU FUCKERS!" before everything faded into a black, silence.