Chapter 1: Tears

"Lissana! Natsu cried out. And when I said cry I mean cry as in tears. I fell out of my seat, being pushed aside as the girl named Lissana jumped onto Natsu. I landed on my rear with a thump and I winced, falling onto my back from my shift in balance. Ow…

" I finally made it home again! Everybody I'm back!" Lissana cried and everybody swarmed her like a bee hive welcoming its queen again. Shouts of joy were to be heard and tears were flying. I could see the happiness flood into everyone eyes I instantly felt touched by the warmness of the reunion. I may not know this girl but everyone else did and they looked pleased to see her again. I got up and back away, wiping my skirt off, a smile setting itself onto my lips.

I was quiet excited to because Natsu spoke often about Lissana and off of what he said she was a lovely, vibrant and sweet girl. I actually couldn't wait to meet her, for I was secretly hoping that she might share more interests and hobbies with me. I honestly just loved making new friends. I tried approaching to say hello but Natsu and her were in deep conversation. I hesitated and said my greetings a bit louder. They still were fixated on each other, talking as if there were only minutes left in this world. I slightly frowned. I understood that they wanted to catch up but it somewhat hurt that Natsu hadn’t introduced her to me like he normally does with new people. I shook off the feeling as something of paranoia and I spoke up again.

Hi! My name is Lucy! Welcome back to the guild Lissana!" I almost yelled.

That finally spurred their attention. But not the way I wanted....

"You don't have to rudely interrupt Lucy, no you should just go away. You’re not always the center of attention, you know? So go away for a while for a while." Natsu said waving his hand. Lissana didn't even look at me. I felt as if I had been slapped and I bit my lip. I wasn't a child and he was right. I wasn't the center of attention. I slowly backed off, my smile slipping into a deep frown as I slipped out of the doors of the guild.

I went home hopes up, chin up and feeling stronger as I convinced myself it was just me. The others were just caught up in celebration. It would be ok, once everything died down I would then introduce myself to her. And even if that didn’t happen Natsu still invited me on a quest where I could talk to him and maybe weasel some info about her from him. I shook my head and smiled at my stupidity and feelings of zealousness and continued down the streets to my house. As I was walking I could almost hear a child’s laugh as something ran past me in the shadows. I stopped, frozen in spot due to being somewhat scared. I looked around but saw nothing. I frowned and continued walking.

~~Look Whos Back~~

The next morning I waked into the guild and noticed that everything was calm, the way things are normally. I smiled at Erza and waved but she never looked up from her cake. Grey glanced up at me and gave me a cold glance that sent shivers down my spine. It wasn’t his usual grouchy face but one that read of pure disgust. I looked down, feeling cold and lonely all of the sudden. Why was this happening? Was I being treated like an outcast because of the newly arrived girl? No I couldn't be. Its my imagination. They weren't forgetting me slowly were they?

I was correct. For the rest of the day I got nothing except for the occasional dazed out look in my direction. Nobody paid any attention to me. Not a single hello or even glance. It was like the time I was invisible. The only difference is that Natsu was normally there to save me. My knight I guess you could say. Now, I wouldn’t get anything but a disgusted glare from him as well.

"Lucy! Wanna fish! You look sad. Whats wrong?" Happy said flying up to me. As he flew up to me I looked up at him my eyes half-way filled with tears. Before I could respond to the cute blue cat hovering around me I heard something that made my blood turn to fire and my body stay frozen in place.

"Mira-Jane we finished the job! Lissana was pretty good at it to, for a newbie!" Natsu yelled smiling directly at Lissana. Then he held up the poster and I caught a glimpse of the poster. And It just so happened that It was the one that Natsu asked me to do the other day. The same etchings in the poster sent me in a flash back of the paper he showed me when he threw his arm around my shoulders. When I said yes I would love too. My blood boiled with rage. I was already high strung with stress and anger but this sent me above my limitations. I abruptly got up, knocking my chair back with a loud smack. Heads turned and then turned away when they saw it was me. They didn’t care they just gave me dirty looks like I was the most horrible thing ever to walk in their presence. I stormed over and grabbed the paper, a tear slipping its way onto my cheek, steadily flowing down my skin. I ripped the paper into a million shreds before letting them fall to the ground like a snow storm of tears. Water dropped along with the paper , splatting on the ground. I lingered there for a few more seconds, enough to notice the looks of surprise from people around me. My brow creased and my lip trembled as I ran out of the guild, sobs starting to rack from my body.

I ran until I got to the Grandfather tree in the town park. The one where once I thought Natsu had a crush on me and he asked me to meet him there. So many good memories of my guild, my home. All destroyed and shrouded with this bitter filled day. God I was so stupid, curse my weakness and emotional needs. I succumb to the tiniest bit of distraught. I started crying and crying. The tears kept flowing and I just couldn't stop them from rolling off my face, pooling onto the grass around me. I crumpled like a piece of folded paper being folded into a crane. I wrapped my arms around my knees, sobbing as I curled into a little ball of tears. Some of the tears touched my lips, slipping into my mouth. Their salty taste exploded in my mouth and spreading along my tongue, causing me to cry harder. I released all of my frustration as I melted down.

Just then Happy and Levy came running into view.

"Lu-chan!" Levy yelled concern piping up her voice. I curled up tighter. "Whats wrong Lu-chan?"

“G-go a-a-away!” I manged to stutter, choking on my tears as my cries kept clotting my throat, making it hard to breath. I breathed in shallow breaths, trying to get a grip on my emotions. The warmth from Levy's hand radiated onto my back, I could feel her comforting touch.

I managed to calm down enough to tell her about everyone ignoring me and the job. At the end Levy nodded her head, her frown deepening.

"I knew Natsu was dense but not that dense! Wanna fish Lucy? It will make you feel better." Happy said.

I laughed through my tears. I laughed so hard I thought I was going to choke on my tears. Levy started laughing to as did Happy. Levy pulled me up into a sitting position and wiped away the tears that were starting to dry on my cheeks.

"Well consider us your only friends I guess since we are the only ones that are paying attention to you I guess." Levy said still smiling. “Don't worry though Lucy, I'm sure they will come to their senses.”

"Yeah Natsu is just being a Baka! Don't sweat it!" Happy said.

"Well thanks Guys but I am going to bed now!"I said getting up.

“Take it easy Lushiee!” Happy called out, smiling and waving. I found the my strength in my legs and walked towards my house.

“You guys take care too!” again thanks!” I said feeling a bit more energized and I took off towards my house, hoping to get home before anyone noticed my red and splotchy faced which was still littered in tears.

Oh today.

As I got into my bed I pondered what had happened today. A tear silently slipped from the memory and I frowned wiping it away quickly. I would not cry. Tomorrow would be better I could feel it.

Boy, I was wrong.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Cliff hanger >:3 Muwhahahahahaha! Well what are you waiting for? Was she wrong or wasn’t she? I don’t know its for you to decide. Go read the next chapter sillies! =.=

:D