Chapter 6: Back at the Ranch

"She is not coming back?!?!?!" Uppi yelled and started throwing a fit. He looked almost distraught about this.

"Now we will never get to play together! I am going home! You all stink! The least you could have done was stopped her!" Uppi yelled as he stormed out.

"You could have stopped her!" His words echoed out through the hall as I he took a sharp left and disappeared from sight.

That sentence was a slap in the face for the team. Natsu started running out the door but Mackorov stopped him. Gray tried bolting to but he was also stopped. Erza stood there, staring blankly and then looked down at the floor.

"We have to find Lucy!" They both yelled in perfect unison.

"NO! You hurt her enough. She was devastated and told me she will come back when she was ready. So please respect her wish. It is the least you can do. I know it wasn't your fault though. But we must respect her wishes." Mackorov sighed.

"Yes sir" They mumbled reluctantly. Natsu opened his mouth as to protest but then shut it again. It was almost suffice to say he looked like a gaping fish.

"Maybe by fate we will meet her again."Erza said, sadness drawing her voice short.

"I don't know about you guys but I am going on jobs to find her. If I take a bunch of jobs maybe along the way I will find her and bring her back. You guys in?" Natsu asked, pulling the team out to the side. He had a devious smile playing at his lips as he whispered this thought to his team, just out of hearing range from Master. His eyes lit up once more and they had their familiar glint of courage and willingness. He almost seemed determined to get Lucy back.

"Yeah!" They all said in intervals, each one looking at another and nodding. They all now were on the same page and it seemed as if nothing could stop them. Natsu grabbed the first job and handed it over to Mira, and then with a smile they dashed out, Happy nipping at their feet.

It was the beginning of a tale they would not forget.

Edited:June/7/15