xxi

"THE WALLACE MANSION AND ITS INHABITANTS"

Mrs. Maurice Wellson–Wallace and Mr. Aronn Wallace whom lived in a mansion within the forests of the United Kingdom had not expected a letter from Alana Wallace.

They lived in a mansion that laid on a hill that overlooked a large waterfall. Many enchantments were cast upon it so that roaming muggles would not stumble upon it. The mansion had been given to Aronn Wallace from his parents, who had moved out of there to Norway years ago. Alana's mother, Maurice, had married the wizard five years prior, and she had birthed Alana less than a year after.

Maurice Wellson had now become Mrs. Wallace, and adapted to her husband's lifestyle. She began to ridicule and mock the house elves, or rather they were to be called servants as that was how the elves were treated.

The only person that truly saw what was happening in this mansion was Alana Wallace who gave the house elves an easy job and spoke with them as often as she could without her parents noticing.

Alana Wallace had opinions about multiple things but dared not to speak of them, since she feared that she would be yelled at for her beliefs. She had not thought of these things before she got diagnosed with Pneumonia, which opened her eyes to find a different perspective. Alana noticed the occurrences around her and how others might've reacted to multiple topics.

She didn't know everything that occurred in Hogwarts, but she knew how much Neville liked her. And she feared if he were to become too attached, and she were to die — he would lose himself as well. But Alana Wallace was too late in trying to stop the friendship between the two.

She genuinely liked Neville, he spoke whenever he felt like he should. He spoke truthfully and cared about the opinions and feelings of others. Therefore she, too, had become attached to Neville Longbottom; and Alana feared for the future yet to come.

"Mrs. Wallace, there has been a letter sent to the Owlery of the mansion. It is from your daughter, sent from Hogwarts School," a house elf spoke.

Maurice Wallace stood from her plush chair and looked down at the elf who shivered under her icy stare. The woman hissed, "Leave at once to the Owlery and retrieve the letter, you dim-witted rat!" The house elf scurried away in fear that the witch were to cast a jinx.

Mrs. Wallace sat down in the black plush chair that sat nearby the fireplace that had dying embers. She sat in a tall room with black walls and marble floors, in front of the fireplace.

Mrs. Wallace had tried to connect with her daughter many years ago. She knew of her daughter as silent and observing before Alana got diagnosed with the illness. She had not expected her to be a bright and cheerful person in the school grounds of Hogwarts.

Hogwarts was Alana's true home in her perspective. No one judged her because of what she might've said or how she might have acted. Hogwarts School had welcomed her and found her many friends that adored her positivity.

But she lost the warm glow of friendship and welcomeness once they saw her walk among the halls with the oxygen tank beside her side, as silent as she possibly could be.

Once the house elf returned with the letter from Alana Wallace, she ran off — to dust off another area of the mansion. Mrs. Wallace unfolded the letter, and found two pages of parchment.

After she'd read the letter, she scoffed and mumbled to herself, "A letter from my darling daughter, yet no letter from the school informing about this incident." Maurice Wallace had truly felt a deep feeling of regret for allowing her daughter to attend Hogwarts once more, she instinctively knew that a coughing fit were to happen.

Mr. Wallace was on a business trip, and he had stated that it would take possibly a week to finish his work. Mrs. Wallace had no need to inform her husband about the letter or about the incident that Alana had stated in the letter, he would find out soon enough. Mr. Wallace always knew of everything that occurred in his household, even if he wasn't there to see it for himself.

Mrs. Wallace pulled out some parchment, a quill, and an ink jar from the cabinet table that sat next to. She wrote sharply and quick, urgent to spread her words:

Dear Professor M. McGonagall,
Headmistress at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry,

I am the mother of one of the Hufflepuff witches attending at the school you minister, Alana Wallace being the only offspring I have birthed. She has wrote to me of her incident, and I wish for her to return to London, King's Cross Station from the Hogwarts Express immediately. Hopefully you'll understand the concern I feel for my daughter. You may tell her only that she is to travel back to the Muggle world.

Dearly, Maurice Wellson–Wallace

Mrs. Wallace walked out of the room she sat in, and walked briskly to the mansion's owlery. Once she was there, she sealed the seal of the Wallace household: a golden serpent. Maurice attached the letter onto the claw of an enchanted falcon that she kept as her own, she whispered, "Hogwarts School, Scotland, Minerva McGonagall."