lxviii

"THE PASTIES"

A group of students were collected into Umbridges office

A group of students were collected into Umbridges office. In a chair sat Harry, where Umbridge stood infront of him, leaning over. She asked, "You were going to Dumbledore, weren't you?"

"No," he said in response.

Umbridge slapped him on his face, "Liar!"

From the doorway walked in Severus Snape, who spoke, "You sent for me, Headmistress?"

"Snape, yes," she turned abruptly to him. "The time has come for answers, whether they want to give them to me or not. Have you brought the Veritaserum?"

"I'm afraid you've used up all my stores interrogating students. The last of it on Miss Chang," Harry looked back at the rest of the students in the room: Ron, Hermione, Neville, Alana, Ginny, and Luna. Behind them were six Inquisitorial Squad members. Snape continued on, "Unless you want to poison him ... And I assure you, I would have the greatest sympathy if you did. ... I cannot help you."

Umbridge did not respond. In turn, Snape turned to leave. Harry spoke aloud suddenly, "He's got Padfoot — he's got Padfoot at the place where it is hidden."

Umbridge stared confused at Harry's statement, and questioned Snape for answers, "Padfoot? What is Padfoot? Where what is hidden? What is he talking about, Snape?"

Snape turned back, he face unmoving, "No idea."

"Very well," Umbridge turned around. "You give me no choice, Potter. As this is an issue of Ministry security ... you leave me with ... no alternative. The Cruciatus Curse ought to loosen your tongue."

"That's illegal," Hermione stated aloud.

Umbridge grabbed a picture frame atop her desk of The Minister of Magic, and responded, "What Cornelius doesn't know won't hurt him." Umbridge turned to Harry, with her wand straight towards him, her face winced together.

"—Tell her, Harry!" Hermione snapped.

"Tell me what?"

"Well, if you won't tell her where it is, I will..."

"Where what is?"

"Dumbledore's secret weapon."

Amongst all of the students except for the Inquisitorial Squad knew that Dumbledore has no secret weapon against the Ministry. But they weren't so hesitant to Hermione's plans. Hermione had led Umbridge out of Hogwarts' grounds into the Forbidden Forest, along with Harry.