lxv

"AN ESCAPE"

The students of Hogwarts were entering the grounds once again, to finish the rest of their year

The students of Hogwarts were entering the grounds once again, to finish the rest of their year. Winter break had just ended, and the students who left the premises for the holidays were reuniting with the students who had stayed within the castle for the holidays. Due to a particular lady in pink, the people who were able to go home for the break took their chance to escape from this such lady.

But now they must return, and finish their studies until the next break in the summer. With book bags seemingly floating across the surface, the sea that had hints of blue, green, yellow, and red flowed into the castle's great doors.

There had been word about some death eaters escaping one of the most guarded areas of the wizarding world, Azkaban, on the train. And there even had been a column from the Daily Prophet in their morning newspaper that had gone deeper into the subject. Some students were anxious about the news, and some parents of students even did not allow for their children to come back from break because of the escape.

Not even the Daily Prophet questioned the news, when there was plenty evidence supporting it. But the Ministry of Magic seemed to believe that this escape wasn't the cause of Voldemort, but instead another known death eater who had previously escaped from this prison as well, Sirius Black, also happens to be a cousin of one of the recent escapees, Bellatrix Lestrange.

Alana had been holding the hand of Neville, trying her best to comfort him as they both entered the school grounds. But nonetheless, he still seemed to be in a daze, as if in denial about the breakout. She rubbed his hand gently with her thumb, in an effort to distract him.

But his concentration on the matter did not budge, so she gave up. They parted to go their separate ways to their common rooms when they got to the staircases of the castle, as they needed to unpack their things.

It did not take long to do so, but she relaxed in her dorms for a while. She pulled off her sweater that she had arrived with and changed into her robes. Luckily she had not been caught by a professor for wearing a Muggle clothing, so no points had been docked from Hufflepuff because of her.

Right after the students returned from their break, they would be expected to go to the Great Hall for a welcome feast. The Hufflepuff girl fixed her makeup that smudged a little on the train ride here, and made sure that her clothing looked tidy and wasn't out-of-place. She pulled her necklace out from underneath her shirt collar and cloak and admired it for a second before she left to the welcoming feast.

She had not expected Neville to get her a gift, so this was probably something that Alana would cherish for a while. And not just because of that, because its one of the most permanent and tangible things that exist between them, something that she can look at in her day-to-day life and be reminded of their relationship and care for each other.