lxxxiv

"A NEW POWER"

The rumors were confirmed as true that were spoken on the train — a new Minister of Magic, Pius Thicknesse, a Wizard with salt-and-pepper hair, who did not rather act like his previous self by what others can account

The rumors were confirmed as true that were spoken on the train — a new Minister of Magic, Pius Thicknesse, a Wizard with salt-and-pepper hair, who did not rather act like his previous self by what others can account. By what is said in numerous newspapers of the country, he was most formerly known as the Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement.

There were two professors that had been made Deputy Headmaster and Deputy Headmistress after the appointing of Severus Snape to be Headmaster of Hogwarts School, Amycus and Alecto Carrow, a brother and sister duo who had previously each taught as professors for the subjects Muggle Studies and Defense Against the Dark Arts, rather poorly, and were known as professors who had an obvious favoring of Pure-blood students and an obvious hatred towards anything Half-blood or 'lesser'.

The state of Hogwars school was dire and eerie. The two Carrow siblings would practically torture every student who even remotely misbehaved and retaliated after their new ruling or Snape's, or anything who insisted on their correlation with He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named or simply Voldemort.

Just over a month since the beginning of the new school year, Alana had primarily just attended the classes she had been assigned and had stayed in the confines of the Hufflepuff dormitory for most of her time elsewhere. Alana looked out the window, facing just towards Hagrid's hut — there was a scene of Neville, Ginny and Luna being escorted by Headmaster Snape to the hut — they had been given detention.

More than two months later after this time, there was no glimpses or words about Luna Lovegood. Even through secrecy with communication through the books in the library, Neville said she had just disappeared on the train out of Hogwarts — possibly kidnapped by Death Eaters.

'Is this going to be it?' Alana had asked one time in the book.

'No, I have faith in our friends,' Neville had replied.

'Do you think there's a future after all of this?' she asked before.

'There's got to be, good or bad,' Neville had responded.

'A future with you?' they each had failed to write in response, both thinking the same thing, imagining their quills hovering over the words that were seemingly written on the book.

After almost all of the students went out for Winter Break, most of them did not return, assuming that they would escape the horrors that tainted Hogwarts castle. Some of the many that Alana could recall, was Draco Malfoy.