xxix

"ARRIVAL"

Once the two Longbottoms had entered the plot of land, and had parked the car infront of the front steps of their ancient mansion; they no longer spoke to one another for the rest of the day

The heir of the items in the adobe and especially the plot of land itself hurled his luggage to his room where he separated himself from the other residents of the Longbottom Mansion.

Neville's great-uncle, Algie had noticed this. Algie had been the one to first clarify that Neville was indeed of a magical being. He had been the one who prized Neville with Trevor, his toad, once he had been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Once Augusta Longbottom, commonly known as Gran to our peculiar Neville, walked into the front doors of where Algie Longbottom was collected she nodded toward the stairs, "Neville is upset."

"I can tell, Augusta. I don't mind Neville's need to distance himself from others, but he didn't see his Great Uncle Algie when Neville arrived here — that is what is bothering me. ..." Algie Longbottom spoke, a face that combined hurt and confusion remained there, even as his sister-in-law came up with the explanation to his worries.

"Neville ... has changed, I suppose. Maybe it is because he wasn't able to attend the Quidditch —" she paused for a while, "what was it? — Finale?"

Algie shook his head; rubbing his forehead, as though a severe headache had been casted onto him. "It cannot be that. He's never been interested in any type of sports, you know that. ... Herbology, is what he is interested in — if I may recollect..." Algie Longbottom's eyes bulged with wonder, his previous expression no longer recognizable. "Oh! How could have I forgotten? Hold on a moment ... I know how to fix this..."

Algie swayed down the hall to the right. Augusta Longbottom looked with pierced eyes at what her brother-in-law may return with. "What are you retrieving, Algie?"

Algie did not reply to Augusta's questioning. He returned with a Mimbulus Mimbletonia, that appeared to be a cactus-sort of magical plant. "This, will fix the situation."

"This won't be another test of yours, will it?" Augusta Longbottom hissed in frustration.

"Of course not, Neville proved himself magical long ago." The plant wiggled a bit, swaying left then right. Algie straightened the plant, and continued speaking. "This is a Mimbulus Mimbletonia, I found it from my recent trip — to Assyria, remember?"

"Of course I remember," Augusta Longbottom rolled her eyes, she took off her hat and jacket, setting them both onto the coat rack. "How could I forget? ... Where's Enid?"

"Ah, she's finishing up knitting a scarf for Neville," Algie sighed, looking down the hall for where his wife, Enid, could possibly be. "She's knitting with red string — a horrid, bold color."

Just as Algie had finished his sentence, Enid walked out of a hallway, carrying a red scarf that appears to have the same value to a manufactured one. "Oh! Where is my great-nephew? I've just finished this Gryffindor scarf for him."

"He's unpacking, dear." Algie Longbottom answered. "I don't think he wants to be bothered."

"Oh..." Enid's shoulders sank deeply, until she came up with a solution to Neville's situation. She then spoke in a shushed voice, "I have a brilliant idea! Why don't we arrange a welcome-back party for him? I could package this up as well, as a surprise!"

"I could gift him this grand plant, as well. Brilliant idea, love," Algie nodded, smiling as he appeared to be grateful for his wife's brilliant ideas.

"It is definitely a brilliant idea," Augusta agreed. "But it'll be much more greater if we surprise him during supper-time."

"Ah, then it's settled," Algie nodded. "I'll have the celebration things all set up..."

"I'll cook supper!" Enid exclaimed with excitement.

"I suppose that I will set the table," Augusta nodded.

And so they would, until the time had come for dinner, then one would have to alert Neville to attend dinner with all of the Longbottoms, or at least the sane and alive.