Blooming of a friendship

(Budo's POV)

I took off her attire for martial arts and I lay her in my bed. I just think that I must lessen the number of practices. "B-Budo?" "Ayano! You're awake? Does your legs hurt?" "Yes."

"Don't kick too high, just low. You need to rest so don't go to school tomorrow. Come, sit here." She sits down,"*kneels down*" "Budo? What are you doing?" "I am putting bandages on your legs."

"Thank you, Budo." "You're welcome, Friend." I lift her up to put her in bed. "Budo, you are the best friend I have ever had." "No problem." "Budo." "Yes, Ayano?" "I will get you some food. What do you want?"

"I want, you to comfort me instead.*cries*" Why? I wonder what it is. Does she have a problem? "Why?"

"I j-just can't move on from what Taro and Osana did. Because of my anger, I kicked so hard over and over and again that I hurt my legs and I collapsed to the ground. *Crying hard*" "Oh my gosh! Don't you worry, I can help you too."

(Ayano's POV)

While he kneels down on me, he
tried comforting me but, it...was...the best feeling I've ever had. You know, a friend who comforts you and reassures you that everything's fine.

"Ayano. Taro-kun is not worth it but you can fa----" He stops in his tracks with an awkward expression. "I mean, you can fall for another guy. Other than him." "I just don't know." "I know! Since you are pretending to be my girlfriend.

Let's say that I'm pretending to be your boyfriend and make him jealous too. Deal?" Hey that's a pretty good decision, I really like how Budo thinks, it's so... intelligent of him. Not only in martial arts but in anything. That's wise. "Deal." We shake hands to seal the deal and that's what we do. "Friends?" Budo asked. Of course, isn't obvious? "Friends!"

"Now, let's discuss, shall we?" "Ok." Sounding imperious, he gets up to his feet and stated plans "First, we must slap in their faces on how sweet we are. Second, we must show full affection and we should not stop."

"But wait, aren't we supposed to locate them as well?" "Good thinking, Ayano. But as for now, get some rest and we will do it the next day after tomorrow. Ok?" "OK. So Budo, tell me more about yourself."

"Ok, so, ehem, I actually had a previous crush before Osoro and she was actually the president of the martial arts club before me but I defeated her so I became the leader instead." "How interesting, Budo." "Then she left without a goodbye. Until then, I saw Osoro with the delinquents, I felt love at the first sight I saw her. She's tough, pretty and nice to me, only."

"So that's why you like her?" He sits on the bed beside me "Yeah. She really healed my broken heart." "I felt that way too with senpai. I was head over heels for him. Hehe hehe." "Then, a fact is that, I learned how to cook because of myself only." "Budo, do you really think that senpai would get jealous? Or do you think that we can both get our crushes?"

I drew nearer to him, putting a hand on his shoulder. He sighs, answering, "Of course Ayano. We are going to fight for who we love." "Thanks Budo, if it weren't for you, I would be dying in the inside." "Ayano," He hugs me, whispering "Don't worry, he will notice you." "Awww.."