Chapter 4

My head felt blurry as I attempted to sit up from my slouched position. The sudden movement caused a pain to spread across my back, and I screamed out in agony. I looked behind me to investigate the cause of the pain, and found I had been leant against a boiling radiator all night. I sighed as I thought of my stupidity. They probably turned the heating on, on purpose. As I moved again to sit up straighter, the same pain ran over my back, and I concluded I had 1st degree burns, at least. I slowly edged away from the radiator as to not increase the burn, and moved so I leant against the bed on my side, my left shoulder taking my weight. I had never felt so weak as I laid there defenceless, broken and bruised in undiscovered places that could only be felt. For a split second, I felt what I vowed never to feel; defeated. I thought about the words my father used to say.

Defeat is not defined by the body, but by the mind.

He told me that every time he came back from a fight injured. He could have his head split open and still tell me how they didn't defeat him. Right now only my body was defeated; but my mind raging through the battle. Muffled sounds were heard through the other side of the door before it burst open.

"Good sleep?" the English accent asked.

"Not very. Your army aren't very accommodating."

He stomped over, and smacked my cheek with the back of his hand. My God did that hurt. He has a good swing. He took another cuff from his pocket, tying my second free hand to the radiator.

"I've already told you how unaffected I am by violence so if I were you I'd find a different way to try to hurt me."

"You know you're one arrogant bitch. No wonder your parents killed themselves, I would've done too."

I felt rage rush through me, as my nostrils flared and breathing became uneven.

"They didn't kill themselves. Don't speak of my family."

"Don't tell me what to to and what not to."

He rammed his foot into my shin, before casually waking over to a drawer and taking out some socks. It sometimes phased me how normal they seemed.

"What are you?"

"What?" he furrowed his eyebrows.

"I don't get what you are. You're not human, I know you're called 'Terrebit', but are you like aliens or..."

It was a genuine question, although I was hoping to anger him by asking. It pleasures me to anger him. Instead, a noise came from him. A noise like no other. Dimples became prominent in his cheeks and a line of white teeth were revealed from his mouth. His eyes crinkles shut and his head flew backwards. It was a beautiful sight. The sound of his laugh was the best sound I think anything has ever or will ever make.

Wait, what?

"We aren't aliens" he stated, before snapping out of his trance, the face I had grown used to replaced what seemed to be somewhat of a happy one.
"We are...i'm not sure really."

This caused a laugh to escape my lips at the thought of him not knowing what he is.

Why the hell was I laughing with him?

"Someone is coming to pick you up later."

"Why?"

With one single question I noticed his frustration grow.

"Does it matter? You're not going back, or out for dinner or something" he snapped.

"I don't recall saying I was? I simply asked where I'm being taken."