Chapter 5

Was I seeing this right? Of course I was, I have 20/20 vision. Their voices became cleared as they got closer, and I strained my ears to hear anything.

"...to get back they'll be looking for us"

"Where did you...were?"

"...we went to search the area"

I still can't tell which side they're on. Are they getting information for us, or for them? If it's for us, I haven't signed it on. I suppose I've been inactive for - I have no clue, I believe I have concussion.

"...understand, what's the plan?"

And then they walked in the opposite direction, towards the exclusion zone which led back to the camp. Great. I was hiding behind an under sized bush at the wrong side of the street with 2 potential traitors leading the way. I knew those faces. I've seen them; I just can't remember where. Damn concussion, if my brain was working properly I could have remembered; I would have remembered. I can't let them know I've broke out, they could be the enemy. I just have to wait for a couple of hours, and keep a vivid picture of them in my head, even though they were slightly blurred. My ankle was beginning to numb as excessive blood poured from the skin. I was going to pass out, and I couldn't do it here. If I caught up with the 2 men and woke up with Terrebit they would be caught, so they would have to take me to camp. The only problem is if their plan has anything to do with me - which there is a high chance it is - then they would have to dismiss it, and traitors would be walking around my camp, dirtying the clean mud on the ground. I couldn't stay here though, they would find me and capture me once again, and most probably punish me dearly. I was losing blood quickly, and my head injuries furthered the dizziness. I stumbled to my feet, and staggered to the exclusion zone. Trees closed me in the narrow path that eventually led out to the large field. I couldn't see clearly, just blurred colours. I felt my legs become weaker as I collapsed to the ground. My mind was fighting for me to move but my body overpowered it and I had no control. Slowly I watched birds birds fly by, before the familiar darkness came to light.

• • • • • •

My eyes felt heavy and my body ached mercilessly. My eyes opened with a struggle, and vision soon became clear once again.

"She's awake" I heard a voice say, but my head wouldn't move to see who it was.

I was facing the ceiling, dim lights reflecting off my eyes. I must be lying down, but I can't feel anything.

Why can't I feel anything?

Suddenly a surge of panic rushed through me as I desperately fought myself to move. I knew I wasn't doing it but I had to try. I could literally feel nothing and I could feel my face slowly changing red with anxiety.

"Nurse! Nurse!" the voice called.

It didn't stop me, I just continued to attempt to move.

Where was I? Who is with me? Why am I numb? Am I moving?

Questions bombarded my mind, the more questions that I asked the harder it became to breathe. I saw a woman hovering over me with a syringe.

Well great. A strange woman is going I stab me with a needle and there is nothing I can do about it. I didn't feel anything, I just returned to my restful slumber. Or as I liked to call it; hell.

• • • • • • •

"Annabelle" I felt a cold hand on my arm as I was gently shook.

I opened my eyes to a bright room, probably the brightest I've seen in my entire life. The walls were nothing special - a dark beige with small cracks. There was a small brown chair in the corner which was crinkled and worn. A cool breeze entered the room through a smashed window in the corner. The only thing intriguing about the room was the light, and it was the most intriguing thing i've ever seen.