Chapter 24: Part 2

My chest hurts. I don't know why I expected any better. How could I think that they would vow peace with us? How could I think that the man I knew my whole life betrayed me? How could I kiss Harry?

The thought makes me gag, the images of Steve burning my eyes. I will never get it out of my head. I'll never get Harry's face out of my head as he smiled at the camera, changing back and forth between himself and Steve.

I pull myself together, breathing deeply like I've always done. If I don't let the death process it never really happened.

I wave my hand over the screen, desperate to get away from the image. I wish I knew how to fucking work this thing, I could feel anger over powering me the more I tried to look for answers. My nerves were growing high as I thought back to the video. How could I even have spoken to Harry without spitting in his face? Know could I have allowed his lips to press against my own? I'm just glad I'm not in that fucking house with him anymore. What the hell was that about? My brain starts to mush with the amount of things that don't make sense and I don't have a single fucking answer. That's it.

I smash the device against the wall in rage, my breathing heavy as I plan which one to annihilate first. My eye catches Paul's desk, and I pull open the drawer, finding a small handgun under a pile of letters.

I inspect it, checking it for bullets before striding out the door, making no effort to silence myself. I shoot the ceiling as I walk through the forum, glass shattering around me from the skylight above and right now I couldn't care less if it hits me. I walk straight to the room opposite, not knowing who occupies it and pull the door open, shooting the person who lies peacefully in their bed.

I walk back out, 4 or 5 running through due to the sound. I see Paul Higgins run forward, looking as ridiculous as ever in his polyester pyjamas.

"What the hell was that?!" He shouts, completely unaware I'm holding a gun.

I aim my gun at him, his eyes opening in shock as I shoot his foot. He's not dying just yet. He crashes to the floor, crying out on agony. I walk by the other 4, shooting each in the chest and watching then accelerate towards the floor. The disciples come next, their faces covered in confusion and fury, Harry's seems occupied in surprise. I walk confidently toward the door where I know I'll get out of this shit hole. Back to where I belong.

"Where the fuck are you going?" I hear Niall Horan challenge.

I smirk as I turn back around, walking backward toward the door to the training ground and pushing it open, aiming the gun upward and shooting it into his abdomen, his body flying back in an unexpected manner. The door slams shut behind me as I run through the field. The sky dark but not pitch black, rain putting and beating down on the muddy ground, making it harder to run.

Thunder sounds as I near the gate, shooting the guard in the head. Breathlessly I push the heavy gate open, my face straining with the weight of it.

"Annabelle!" I hear Harry call, my heart stopping for a moment, my feet almost stopping with them. As if by chance lighting strikes, snapping me out of the thought of missing him and reminding me of what he really is. A monster.

I run faster than before, my legs taking me to the path. The path I ran down with him while he held my hand. The path he thanked me for running down with him. Everything is him. I can't remember anything else. He's all I've seen for God knows how long. And he needs to get out of my head.

I run, and run, and run, my lungs squeezing together for air but I won't give them any. I need I get home. The rain slaps against my face, my full body soaked and my hair dripping wet. The sky is so grey I fear it may turn black. A bolt of lightening lights the sky and I see the end of the path as I gasp for breath. Thunder slices through the air as I bang helplessly on the gates.

"Let me in! It's me! Annabelle! Let me in!" I scream, turning back to see none of them in sight. But they're coming. Ten times faster than I did.

I see a guard look down from the top of the right gate, a confused look on his face.

"Open the fucking door!" I scream, my voice breaking as his face floods with panic and he opens them.

They opens slowly, both going outward in opposite directions and I squeeze my body through.

"Close it! Close the gates!" I yell up, but he can't hear me through the sound of rain and thunder.

I look through the crack in the gates, and I see them. Twenty, maybe thirty of them running down the path, accelerating towards me.

"Close the fucking gates!" I scream, but he doesn't listen.

I slip as I run across the mud below me, my feet helpless against the ground. I step into the small watching tower, my wet feet losing grip of the metal stairs as I rampantly run up them, holding onto the railing in an attempt not to fall back down.

As I reach the top I see him, still opening the fucking gate. Has he not even thought to look down to see whether I'm in or not. I look to the left of me where the path lies. I can barely see them through the trees, but through the spaces of the leaves I see their bodies. Getting closer and closer, a mere few hundred yards away.

"Move!" I scream, the guard turning around in confusion. Is this guy ever not confused?

I grab the rope he holds, switching it for the one beside it to close the gates. I pull on it furiously, the dipshit had opened it halfway.

"Help me!" I scream at him, his hands immediately on the top as we both pull on it.

The strength in my arms begins to weaken and I look down at the path. They must be 200 am yards away.

"Pull harder!" I scream over the rain, shutting my eyes tightly as a raindrop intrudes it.

Lightening strikes again, a whip of thunder sounding motivating me to pull harder. I hate loud noises.

I look at the gates, only open by half a metre now. I look down to the path but I can't see them; not event through the leaves.

Are they in? Did they run in while I wasn't looking? I pull on it regardless, a thud sounding as the gate seals.

Silence.

The only sound being the rain violently splattering against the ground.

"Where did they go" I say to myself, the guard almost pale.

"Excuse me ma'am-"

"Sh" I silence him, holding a finger up as I hear a small ticking.

"Is that...?" I ask, just as in thrown back by the force of a grenade exploding onto the gates.

I fall off the small cemented balcony, thrown off the 15ft height down to the ground below. My head strikes the ground, pain slicing through it. My ears ring loudly and my head spins, and so does the rest of my view. I sit up, my back cracking as I scream out. Well shit.

I stand, my right leg caving in on itself as I fall again, using my hands to lift me back up. I limp over to where I think the gates are, my head still spinning and my ears ringing louder than before. I don't know where I'm going or what I'm going to do.

I see flames everywhere, and I could easily burn myself alive but I'm trying to reach some goal I'm not even sure of.

I stand helplessly where the gate once was, the guard lying dead to my left with blood pouring from his mouth, nose and eyes but I'm too out of it to care.

I look down to my feet, a small piece of paper under my shoe, I bend down to open it up but fall in the process, now too weak to return to my standing position.

I squint my eyes at the note, tilting it up and down to try and get a good view of it. Finally I find a position I can read it, my eyes squinted and head tilted forward, the paper as close to my face as possible. And as soon as I do, everything seems to numb.

"1 little piggy went to the market, one little piggy stayed at home.

One little piggy had roast beef, one little piggy had none.

And one little piggy burned fire

Fire

Fire

All the way home."