Chapter 7

I was shoved into the bedroom, and this time chained by my hands and feet to specialised bars. It didn't matter anyway. I had no determination to do anything. I had no one to save or run back to. I think I've been here for 2 days now. I'm too mentally exhausted to count everything I do anymore.

"Here" the door swung open and Harry walked in and shoved a bowl of soup towards me.

"And I'm to eat this how?"

He stared harshly at me before sitting cross legged in front of me, which somehow still managed to appear masculine.

In the 2 days I've stayed in Harry's bedroom observing him, I've noticed he's quite shy and reserved. He doesn't talk much, not even to his co-workers.

He picked up the bowl, and emptied a spoon of boiling liquid into my mouth which I swallowed with reluctance.

Every time I closed my eyes I could see him dragging the knife across Aaron's throat, and I felt sudden nausea at the thought the same hands were feeding me.

"I'm not hungry." I resisted, pulling my face away.

"Eat it." Harry replied through gritted teeth.

"No." I gagged, and he immediately pulled the spoon away.

"Are you okay?" his face screwed up with concern.

"Stop fucking feeding me." I snap.

"Don't snap at me." he snarled.

"Or what?"

"I'll kill someone else."

There's no one else." I exclaim.

He stares at me for a moment, looking me dead in the eye as I do him.

"What colour are your eyes?" he asks after a while.

"Green on the inside and blue on the outside" I furrow my eyebrows with confusion.

He just nods, and continues to stare into them.

"Why are yours green?"

He doesn't answer, he just stares into mine like they're the most fascinating things he's ever seen.

He reaches up to touch my hair and entwines it around his fingers. My subconscious is screaming at me to pull back but all I can do is hopelessly stare at him.

"Is your hair naturally blonde?"

"Yes" I reply.

The room is so silent, but it feels nice. His hands climb up my hair, and his thumb runs across my cheekbone. My breath becomes uneasy and a tingling sensation runs across my cheek.

I feel his hot breath fan across my face as he leans into me, I look down to his lips as he looks down to mine. They are rosy pink and shimmer sweetly, and the voluminousness of them makes them seem soft and fragile. His mouth falls open as he comes closer, and I close my eyes in anticipation. His spearmint breath blows softly onto my lips.

The corner of its mouth turns upward, and he drags the blade across my brothers throat.

Finally the small voice in the back of my mind that told me to stop became the only voice, and I pulled away. My hand flinching as I attempt to slap him in my chains.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" I scream.

"Exactly what you were." he says casually.

"Don't come near me."

"And what the fuck will you be able to do?" it comes closer to me.

"Nothing." I state.

He breathes heavily, and stands from his position. He grabs his left bicep with his right hand and squeezes it harshly.

"Why do you hate us so much?" he shouts.

"You've taken everything from us!"

"We've taken nothing!" he yells back.

"You took my father!" I scream.

"You took mine!" he shouts louder, veins popping out of his neck as he storms out of the room, and almost takes the door off the hinges as he closes it.

I had never thought about them. We killed them everyday as well, though I just never thought of them as someone's dad, husband or uncle.

Then again, neither do they.

As I think back I am disgusted at myself at the events that just took place. It was like looking in on myself through a window, banging on the glass until my fist bled, but the room was soundproof. It was as though he had me in a trance as I stared into his green eyes. I wondered why they were green, when everyone else's were blue.

I wonder if they have sent that video tape now. I hope my soldiers follow my instructions and don't react. They're not even that cruel here. I once extracted one of their tonsils while they were awake. All they do here is feed me soup and chain me into a heated bedroom.

I wonder if my burns have healed from the last time I was here. I look down to my ankle to find a long, narrow scar that ends at the bone.

I don't know what I am going to do now. I didn't have a plan and there is no way I could escape twice. They would most likely have doubled security. My men would soon invade to take me back, but it could take up to a month to fully make an action plan, and maybe even longer since Steve works at the rate of a fucking snail.

Does Steve know about my brother?

My brother.

A feel a weight push down on my lungs at the thought of him. Why didn't I just tell them where the locket was? He found the strength in his weak body to be adamant I don't tell them where it is; even if it sacrificed his own life. Did he know the significance of the small, golden, tear shaped locket? I raked through my memory to see if I could find anything different about the locket. All that it had was a picture of my mother when she was 24, holding my father in her arms as she gazed up to him lovingly. It was things like that that made me unsure of why she made the choice she did.

Stop thinking about it.

As I try to think of another subject, a familiar green eyed being walks into the room, kicks off his jeans and climbs into his bed. I watch as his eyes slowly close and he falls asleep. He's the lightest sleeper I know. He wakes suddenly during the night just by the sound of me changing position.

It's amazing how much you can learn by someone who kidnapped you.

My eyes burn but I refuse to sleep. Who knows what they could do while my mind is shut down.

"Go to sleep" a raspy voice speaks.

"No." I sharply reply.

"We aren't going to fucking stab you, you're bate" he states.

"Did I say you were? I simply said I didn't want to sleep" I can't tell him I'm afraid to sleep; he will only use it against me.

I'm not afraid, exactly. I just don't want to die the way they choose. I want to fulfil my promise and die with dignity. Fighting.

"Fine. You'll pass out eventually of exhaustion anyway and we can stab you then."

It was true. Might as well sleep when they all are.

I let my head fall back to the wall, and my eyes close. I was slowly drifting to sleep when one sentence woke me for the rest of the night.

"I know your mother" he said.

I know your mother.

I know your mother

I know your mother.