Chapter 26

I felt myself dropped on the ground, my head less of a mess. I could see the outline of a man before it vanished. There were shouts and bangs before I felt several arms wrap around me and carry me. Why did it hurt so much? Why were these bombs leaving me so much worse than others?

I was laid on a bed and I could see several people just looking down on me, but I couldn't focus on any of them. The sounds in my head kept screaming; and screaming; and screaming; and screaming.

One person lent down, their face inches from mine and I could then see clearly it was Nathan. The sound seemed to stop and I sighed in relief, the migrane in my head decreasing by the millisecond. And then madness. The screaming was so loud and high pitched my body shot up, taking my head fiercely in my hands and squeezing.

Kill Man. Kill Man. Kill Man. Kill Man. Kill Man.

It screamed and screamed the word over and over, my hand twitching to take a knife and kill everyone in the room to make the screaming stop but I couldn't. I ran out of the room, running into nowhere with my head in my hands. I found Daryls old office and slammed the door, locking it behind me.

"Annabelle, let me in" Nathan hammered from behind me as I slid done the door, gripping my head tightly.

Kill Man. Kill Man. Kill Man.

It repeated and repeated, screamed and screamed. I couldn't get it to stop. I needed it to turn off. I needed to get it off.

"Annabelle!" Nathan slammed his fist against the wooden door.

"Get away Nathan, get away!" I screamed, trying to hear myself over the voices in my head.

That's what they were. Voices. People. Terrebit.

Kill Man. Kill Man. Kill Man.

"Turn it off! Turn it off!" I screamed to the universe but it continued screaming back at me.

"Annabelle!" He pounded, the door shaking with each thud.

"Nathan get away from the fucking door and go to your room!" I bellowed, my voice low yet loud and most likely menacing.

The banging stopped but the voices continued. I didn't know what to do. I was going insane as I squeezed my head over and over trying to get it out. Then they stopped. I looked up, eyeing the room frantically. And then there was a whisper.

"Annabelle, this is Paul Higgins" it spoke, my heart beating rapidly at the fact there was something inside me making me hear them. "I'm going 2 give you 2 options. Willingly surrender yourself to us in 1 hour at the gate of our compound, or kill Hannah Ralling by 7pm on the dot."

Hannah Ralling...Hannah Ralling...Hannah Ralling. 17 years old, both parents dead and 3 little brothers. Very loyal and willing to the army.

"You can't make me kill her" I snigger.

"Yes, we can" he replies, a smirk laced through his icy voice.

"Option 2" I beg to differ. No one can make me do anything.

"Your call" he states, before a long pause.

KILL HANNAH RALLING. KILL HANNAH RALLING. KILL HANNAH RALLING.

It screams in my head over and over, twice as loud as before and twice as taunting. I scream for the pain, for the annoyance of my brain, to see if I can hear anything but it. I can't. It's all I know.

KILL HANNAH RALLING. KILL HANNAH RALLING. KILL HANNAH RALLING.

I watch the clock tick, hour by hour the voices scream a bit louder. I'm helpless. The urge becomes bigger each passing second. It's 5:22pm. They've been screaming for 3 hours and 18 minutes. My head pounds but I don't care. I need them out my head. I need them out my head.