Chapter 64

HARRY

"I'll look for you in daisies" a tear rolling down my cheek, and then I lunge my arm backward, feeling everything inside her explode as I rip out her heart.

Within seconds blood starts pouring from her mouth and she struggles to breathe through it. She looks into my eyes in fear and I feel chills through my body as I grind my teeth.

What did I just do?

Why did I just do that?

Why did I have to be the immortal one?

Why didn't I do more to turn her Terrebit so she wouldn't die?

Why did I just kill the woman that I love; the person that I love?

Regret floods from my body in tears as her body drops to the floor and I catch her quickly, flopping in my arms.

I just stare at her in shock knowing there's nothing I could do. Normally, you could shake them, pour water on them, resuscitate them, something; but this time I can't because I ripped her organ from her body that keeps her alive. There's nothing I can do but stare at my real life angel.

And then cheering begins. Whistles and claps and whooping from hundreds, as loud as the ear could hear.  The smiles on their faces sicken me to look at and anger rages through my body.

This is never good.

The more cheering they bring, the more I feel it rise inside me. I started to breathe rapidly as I placed my knuckles on the floor.

I was going to do it. I was going to do it the way I had when me, Zayn and Belle were in the hut together and the Resistance surrounded us. I was going to explode.

Then a hand touched my shoulder and my body electrocuted it off of me.

"Harry, don't do this." I could hear Thomas' voice plead through the cheering.

"They're laughing at her." I say angrily but also hurt.

"They're not. They're celebrating her - in their own way. They don't mean any harm Harry. Everything they've wanted for years is happening - they're happy." He tries to comfort me.

"Now everything I wanted for years is gone." I breathe and a heaviness weighs down on my chest.

I think about us in the hut when she was alive. She was so naive then. So pure (kind of) and beautiful. And she was breathing. And alive. And making me laugh. She was my best friend even then, and she's gone and she's not coming back this time; and it hurts.

It hurts worse than the other times and I don't know why. It hurts to breathe knowing she's gone and the weight in my chest just keeps getting heavier. I miss her already and I want her to come back and we could just go to our room like old times and I could sleep with my arms around her and feel her warm body against my skin. Then we could wake up together and laugh and joke and talk about everything the way we used to.

But we can't. I killed her. Her biggest crime being loving a monster like me. The monster. The ultimate beast.

I dropped to my knees in front of her and took her hand in mine. She's already turning cold and tears race down my face. I find myself choking on my own pain.

Suddenly I feel a needle jammed into my neck and I turn around and punch whoever is behind me but pass out within seconds.

•     •     •     •     •     •     •     •     •