Chapter Four.

Neither Lillian nor Ryan could get out of the car. They were in the parking lot of their local drug store and it was dark out now. One of them had to go in the store and get one but they were both terrified.

"Ryan, will you please just go in and get it?" Lillian begged. "I can't go in there, my mom goes in there a lot."

"You think mine doesn't?" Ryan questioned. "This can't be happening. I bet you're not pregnant."

"Then you explain why my stomach's suddenly getting hard." she hissed. She was surprised at her tone but got over it. She was in panic mood. This is serious and he just needs to go in, grab one, pay for it, and she can take it alone. "Because I sure haven't eaten since this morning and I'm hungry as heck."

"You go in, you're the one that wants it." he said.

She glared at him, pressing her lips angrily together. "We'll both go in, better?"

"Someone we know might be there." he said, looking at the store.

She snorted, "You're a jerk. Just give me the money and I'll go in." she hissed, holding her hand out.

He leaned forward and reached in his back pocket. He opened his wallet and handed her ten dollars. She angrily got out, not wanting to be in there with him anymore. She couldn't believe this was happening.

She walked into the store and the old lady behind the counter smiled at her. Lillian gave her a forced smile before walking around for the pregnancy tests. She'd never had to look for any so she didn't know where they were.

After a few minutes, she found some near the back by the pharmacy. She looked around for a good affordable one. She grabbed a Clear Blue one and looked down at the box. Her throat filled up with a lump and she had a hard time swallowing it.

She was scared to go up to the cashier now because she didn't want to get the disappointed look teenagers get. But she'll have to. She forced herself to turn and she walked back up to the counter.

Her cheeks blushed up when she placed the box onto of the counter. The look of disappointment crossed the lady's face, but she quickly changed it, "Who's the lucky man?"

She wasn't sure if she should tell her who's it could be because apparently Ryan was much too worried about anyone knowing. Didn't he think that she's worried about people finding out too?

"His name is Ryan." she said.

She nodded, "Your first?"

She nodded, "Yeah," she said like she had everything planned out. But really, if this is a positive, she isn't sure what to do.

The lady rang up the Clear Blue and Lillian gave her the ten dollars for it. She told her not to worry about putting it in a paper bag because she's going to take it here. The lady gave her back the change and Lillian went over to the bathroom that was in the store.

She read the back of the box and read that she just had to pee on it and wait three minutes for the negative or plus sign. She unbuttoned her pants and sat down on the toilet. She took the blue cap off and peed on it.

She felt awkward doing the whole thing, but she thanked God when it was over. She put the cap back on and put the stick back into the box. She pulled her pants up and washed her hands.

She left the bathroom and raised her hand to the lady in goodbye as she left. She walked back over to the car and got in.

"So?" Ryan questioned.

"Two minutes." she said, looking out the window, taking deep breaths. When she was nervous, she started to breathe hard and feel like she was having a panic attack. "Can we please turn on the radio?" she asked, needed something to distract her and the quiet wasn't helping