Chapter Five.

Two weeks later...

Lillian walked next to Jeanette and two of her friends around the mall but she was really bored since the three girls were the ones mostly having fun. Lillian was always considered the fourth wheel. She didn't have fun talking about the same things they did.

Lillian suddenly smelled something that made her mouth water so mad. She looked down the mall and saw a few feet away a soft pretzel stand. One sounded really good right now.

"Lil, come on." Jeanette said and Lillian's head snapped to her right to see Jeanette and her friends going into Hollister.

"Give me a second. I'm going to catch something to snack on." she said, pointing at the stand.

She shrugged, "Okay."

Lillian practically skipped over towards the stand like a little child and she smiled at the lady behind the stand, "Hi, can I get one salt pretzel with icing?"

"Sure," she said. "Anything to drink?" she asked.

Lillian looked to see what they had, "Yes, uh, a berry smoothie please, medium."

The lady just nodded and punched it into the cash register. Lillian handed the lady her last five dollars and impatiently waited. She lit up when the lady handed her the pretzel bag and her drink.

"Thanks," she said excitedly and walked over to Hollister. She started dipping and chowing down on her snack when she met up with the other girls. They all gave her weird looks.

"What?" she shrugged.

"Hungry?" Jeanette asked.

Lillian took another bite and nodded, "Yes, it's so good." she said, taking a sip of her smoothie.

"You know Lillian, I go to the gym across town. You can join me if you want to." Brittney said, giggling with the other girls. Jeanette gave them both a look and shook her head.

Lillian frowned and looked down at her stomach, she was getting fat. Her eyes watered up, but she blinked them back. She turned around and walked out of the store, not wanting to be in there and went over to the bench to finish her pretzel.

Fifteen minutes later, the three girls finally came out of the store each with a bag. They were giggling and went the opposite way from Lillian. Lillian got up with her mouth hanging open. Jeanette totally forgot about her.

She was pacing back and forth, trying to think of what to do. She wanted to be mad at Jeanette but she also felt sad she was losing her best friend. She walked over to the trash can, threw her stuff away, and left the mall in the opposite direction of where the group of girls she was with parked.

She walked outside and started on her way home. It was kind of a long walk, but she didn't mind. She crossed her arms over her chest and wondered how long it would take for Jeanette to notice they forgot about her.

She was half way there when a sudden pressure went up her throat. "Oh no," she said and ran over to a bush, puking up the soft pretzel.

~

Lillian tried on her third shirt and she grimaced at the mirror. She was only three months but you could see the small bump. She was never the skinniest girl in school but the bump would be noticeable. She grabbed her blue jacket and zipped it up, deciding she was going to have to wear it throughout the day.

She braided her hair up into a side braid and put on her glasses. She went downstairs and decided to eat an orange since big stuff seemed to make her throw up more. Her mom gave her a questionable look on the orange but ignored it.