Chapter Nine.

Lillian was munching down on a bag of chips pretty quickly and everyone around her table were giving her strange looks. She slowed her chewing and set the bag down, her cheeks rosying up. She was craving potato chips though.

"Hungry, Lillian?" Britney ask.

She just shrugged her right shoulder, "A little."

"You've been hungry a lot lately." she said, raising an eyebrow. "And you know what's weirder, it seems all your fat is going to your stomach and your boobs, but nowhere else. Also, you tend to change a lot in the bathrooms of the locker room now." she said, giving a snobby look. "Mh-mm? What's up with that?"

"Brit, where are you getting at?" Jeanette asked, but in her voice she was really saying 'shut up'.

Brit shrugged, "Nothing, but aren't you all wondering?" she asked, waving around just so she wouldn't be the only one to mention how fat she was getting. They all seemed to nod but Jeanette, Ryan, and her.

"Brit, leave Lillian alone." Ryan said.

"What's wrong with asking questions?" she asked. "So, Lillian, girl talk now. Who around has the biggest you know," she said, winking. Lillian knew what she was trying to hint at and her tongue started to feel big from nervousness.

"Shut up, Brit.", Jeanette said. "Lil isn't like that."

Brit held her hands up, "Okay, I was just asking." she said, but it sounded like it wasn't over.

After lunch, they all got up from the table. Lillian stretched her jacket down and she hated the fact that she was showing more and more in this little hoodie.

What are they going to think? she wondered as she threw her stuff away. Are they going to call her names like they did with Tamara Rogen? She just has to deal with four more months here before summer break and she'll even give birth a month before school start.

That doesn't matter. People like gossip here since they don't have lives of their own.

Something in her stomach did something and she froze, her hand flying to her stomach. It felt like a light flutter, but something moved! It was kind of weird, but a massive smile appeared on her face! Maybe it wasn't even the baby, it seemed to early for that.

Suddenly a hand touched her arm and her smile dropped, her head snapping towards that direction, seeing Jeanette's face. True to her word, the past two weeks Jeanette and Lillian have been hanging out together like the good old times and Lillian was very happy about that, but that made it just too hard for both her and Ryan for when they tell her.

Which Lillian planned is going to be soon. Sooner rather than later, right?

"You alright, Lil?" she asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." she said. "Just felt a little sick."

"Oh, well do you need a nurse?" she asked.

Lillian shook her head, "No, I'm fine. If it gets worse, I'll go later."

~

After school, she waited near Ryan's car. By the time he walked out of the building, mostly everyone was gone and the only people around were people they didn't know.

"Are you alright, Lil?" Ryan asked when he got to the car she was now leaning on a little since being on her feet were making her tired.

She smiled happily, taking his hand and put it over her stomach, "I felt it, Ryan. I mean, it was barely anything but a twitch, but I felt it!"

It was a moment with nothing happening. Ryan frowned, taking his hand away, "I can't feel anything."

"Well it isn't moving right now." she said. "A little more time and it'll be a full kick." Lillian said, smiling down at her stomach. She never felt pregnant before, never believedbut now that she felt it. It felt real and to know she was carrying life in her, it made her feel special and somehow important.

"I figured we should tell her this weekend." Ryan suddenly said.

Lillian looked up at him, "I was thinking the same thing. People are starting to notice."

He nodded, "Yeah, they are. Are you prepared for the gossiping and rumors to come to a head?"

"I'll," she paused, not sure. "I guess I'm going to have to ignore it. I mean, as long as I know it isn't true it should be fine. But what about you? Jean isn't going to be happy about it."

He sighed heavily, looking away for a second, "My child comes first." he said and Lillian couldn't stop herself from smiling up at him. "I-I mean, that is the right saying, right? Child comes first?"

She nodded, feeling so happy, "Yeah, it is.." She patted his chest, "It makes you a man also. If she loves you, she overlook it."

"Really? I don't think I could overlook my girlfriend getting pregnant by someone else." he said.

"Well there are a billion other girls wanting to be with you." she said. She then realized her hand was still lying on top of his chest. Her cheeks heated up and she moved her hand away. She turned half way, "Well, I better get home. Doctor's appointment and my mom has to take me."

He grabbed her arm, "Wait, let me take you. I'll be back before Jean can notice I'm gone. I shouldn't let you walk in bad weather, you could get sick."

Lillian nodded and climbed on the other side and got in.

It was mostly silent the whole way to her house. She stared out her passenger window, rubbing her stomach. It felt weird since it was starting to get harder now around her stomach more where it's was usually at the bottom of her stomach.

She started to think about what's going to happen after it's born. Is she going to be a good mother? A horrible one? What if she doesn't have the motherly instincts? What if...what if...

Ugh, she hated how she felt so insecure about all this! It was stressing her out! If other teenage mothers can do it, she can do it, right? She not saying it's going to be easy because she knows it's going to be hard, but it's not like she's going to do a horrible job?

She's going to love her baby no matter what.

She now wanted to hold her baby in her arms to see what it looked like, not wanting to wait five more months. It felt so long.

Ryan pulled up to her house and she unbuckled the seat belt, turning to Ryan, 'Thanks," she said, reaching down to get her book bag. Suddenly her glasses fell off and she picked them up and before she could put them on, Ryan spoke.

"You look pretty without your glasses." he said and she looked at him, blushing.

She looked away a little, "Thanks."

He reached over behind her and pulled her hair out of ponytail, "You have beautiful hair also. Natural blonde."

Lillian couldn't stop looking up at his grey eyes and losing track of time in them. Will their child have his eyes or her green-hazel ones? Hopefully the grey cause Ryan has really beautiful eyes.

She suddenly felt the need to kiss him and before she knew it, she leaned over and pressed her lips up against his. She felt him jerk. Now her cheeks burnt up and she waited for him to pull back and yell at her to never do that again.

But it never came.

But his lips never moved. It was just one long peck.

She moved back then when it got awkward and he stared at her wide eyed. Her hand came up to her mouth, "I'm so sorry." she said before grabbing her book bag and quickly getting out.

"Lillian, wait-" Ryan called, but Lillian was already too embarrassed to hear what he had to say. It was probably to say "never do that again" and that he didn't like her that way. She didn't want to hear the heart breaking news.

She didn't hear when his car left even when she got to her door and went inside. Her chest was pounding, not believing she just kissed her best friend's boyfriend!

Well, probably soon to be ex-boyfriend.