Chapter Eight.

The smell of Lillian's mom's homemade soup made her mouth practically water when she stepped into the kitchen. She walked over to the pot and lifted the lid up, "Mmm is it almost done?"

Her mom chuckled, "Yes, now step back before you start drooling over it, sweetie." she said.

Lillian's cheeks heated up and she stepped back, "Sorry. I don't know why, but I can't help but crave chicken a lot."

"Yeah, happens when your with child." she said. "All I ate while I was pregnant with Brad was chicken or anything that had chicken. There's this old myth saying if you eat meat a lot, it's a boy; a lot of sweets for a girl."

"Really?" Lillian asked. "So...it could be a boy?"

Her mom chuckled, "Like I said, it's a myth. For all we know, it could be the opposite." she said. She brushed her blonde hair back, "You look nice."

Lillian looked down and shrugged. Just a simple pair of jeans, her old boots, a white long sleeve shirt, and her hair was down and straightened. Lillian fixed her glasses when the doorbell rang.

Her stomach turned in nervousness. It was Saturday, the day Ryan was coming over to talk with her parents and her about the baby. She just can't believe he actually came. She went over to the door the same time her daddy was coming down the steps.

She opened the door, "Hey," she said to Ryan who looked nervous.

He had on his usual jeans, shirt, and jacket; a black beanie pushing his dark curls down a little. She couldn't help but think he had a cute childish look.

He stepped in and took his beanie off, "Mr. Monroe," he said, holding his hand out towards Lillian's father who looked down at his hand first like he had a gun in his hand. A moment later, he put his hand in Ryan's, shaking it.

Her mom came out from the kitchen, "Hello Ryan,"

Ryan nodded at Lillian mom, "Mrs. Monroe."

Lillian didn't miss the way her dad was looking at Ryan, probably wishing he could kill with just a look. Like just in X-Men Cyclops, if her daddy wanted to take off his black framed glasses, he could kill Ryan.

It was getting silently awkward in the room for a few moments until her mom finally broke it, "Why don't we go in the dining room and talk while the food is finishing up." her mom suggested and they all nodded.

They all made their way to the dining room and sat down. Lillian was next to Ryan and her parents on the opposite side of the table. Her dad still gave Ryan heated death looks with his arms crossed over his chest.

"So Ryan, what are your school plans after high school?" her dad asked.

"Uh well, I'm actually hoping to begin police training and become a police officer just like my dad." he said.

"A police officer?" her dad questioned him and Ryan nodded. "Your dad's Chief Miller, right?"

Ryan nodded, "Yes, sir."

Her dad nodded and rubbed his chin, "I guess a police salary is good enough." he said, making Lillian wanna slap herself because it was going bad already. "Now enough with the sweet talking, of course you know Lillian's pregnant. Do you plan to stand by her if she decides to keep it?"

Lillian cheeks rose up at how forward her dad was being and gave him a look, "Daddy,"

"Lillian, this is important to know." he said.

"Yes, but you don't have to use that tone and make everything feel awkward." she said.

"It's okay, Lil." Ryan said. He cleared his throat and sat up straighter, "Yes, I do. If she plans to keep it, I'll get a job and help her raise it."