Chapter Nineteen.

Lillian looked around the pretty hall decoration setting. It was a little dim in the room and twinkling lights where everywhere. It looked like some kind of starry night theme and it was going to get more beautiful when it gets dark.

Lillian one hand was on Ryan's and the other was clutching her dress nervously as some people gave her a questionable look. She felt awkward already as they walked over to a table to sit with his parents. And two other boys, a girl, and the girl holding a toddler.

She gave them the best smile she girl, "Hello.".

"Emily, Cole, and Ethan this is my girlfriend, Lillian.", Ryan said. "Lil, these are my brothers and Cole girlfriend, Emily and their son Max.".

They all said hey back, trying their best not to make this awkward. She just gave them a smile and they soon went off into talking about their lives. Lillian sat there, not sure what to say.

"So how'd you to know each other?', Ethan asked.

Lillian didn't want to tell him she's Ryan ex-girlfriend ex-best friend. Apparently Ryan felt the same way and really, it wasn't any of their business.

"School, how else? Not to many places in Fallon to meet anyone.", he said.

"Well that dress is really pretty, Lillian.", Emily said.

"Thank you. I like your dress to.", she said. "And your son, he's really adorable."

She chuckled, "Thanks, I have a little to do with that.", she said, pinching the bored toddler cheek. "Have your picked a name out for yours?", she asked.

She nodded, "Yeah, Zane Gabriel Monroe-Miller."

"Such a long name.", she said. "But I love it, it's a nice boy name. I think Max is going to start questioning me when he gets his name on why I named him Maxwell.", she chuckled.

Cole snorted, "I want to name him Maximillian."

"Maxwell better.", Emily said.

"I like Maxwell.", Lillian said. "It's a unique name."

"Thank you!", she said. "This pin head right here thought it was so boring. Ethan, move so I could sit next to Lillian."

Lillian chuckled as they switch places, talking about baby stuff. When the food was ready, she followed Ryan, but continued talking to Emily how wonderful it's going to be and how messy it's also going to be.

"Oh, it feels like I'm going to rip my hair out sometimes.", she said. "Max always throwing his cereal around and causing a big mess. That's when a time out comes in order for ten or fifteen minutes.", she said. "Don't give into his cute sad eyes when he gets in trouble and that means not putting him in his bedroom, but a corner in the living or dinning room. Believe me, Max's is like an angel the rest of day.".

"What about waking up in the middle of the night?", she asked. "I'm not sure if I'm going to be getting up every second of the night.".

"Well, you'll been spending less time sleeping on the eighth month anyways, at least, that's how it was for me.", she said as they picked out what they want to eat. "So, I kind of got use to stay up late at night. Maybe you get one of those babies who only wake up like twice a night. After a couple of months when he's able to hold his own bottle, it'll get easier. I have Cole take care of him in the morning until the evening, that when Cole has to go to work and I've had plenty of enough sleep by then.".

"So it's not as hard as people make it out to be?", she asked.

She chuckled, "The worse you have to worry about is making sure you have diapers, clothes, and formula unless you're breastfeeding. The rest is great in the end run. Having a baby wonderful and I wouldn't give up Max for anything.".