Chapter Thirteen.

It was very, very, very awkward the next day at lunch. Lillian could feel Britney evil gaze on Lillian and she could tell without looking she was watching Jeanette and Ryan. Ryan was next to Jeanette but he didn't have his arm around and being all lovely like he usually does. Lillian cheeks still blushed up when she thought about yesterday in his car.

Lillian stomach turned a lot every time Britney said sometimes and she has never felt so nervous. She just hopes she doesn't come out in front of the whole table and caf. Lillian was still curious to why she hasn't already. What is she planning?

"I still don't understand why you were late to picking up yesterday." Jeanette said to Ryan.

He shrugged, "I had to do something important."

"Like? What was so important while I was standing out in the freezing cold.", Jeanette said angrily.

"You were waiting inside the gymnasium with Jordyn.", he said, raising an eyebrow. "I said I was sorry. So I was ten minutes late, I don't see what's so wrong if I'm not there on the time you want me to be.".

Jeanette looked angry for a second then her face soften. She sighed heavily and stopped eating her salad. "You right, I'm sorry Ry.", she said, leaning in to him and kissed his cheek. "I'm kind of moody since my five day long friend came and I haven't been able to get rid of this headache I have.".

Lillian did her best not to gaze at them to long and have a mean look on. She was jealous--she had to admit since Ryan didn't even do anything, but he did look kind of uncomfortable.

"So where were you?", Britney suddenly asked and they all looked at her confused as she looked at Ryan.

He kept his cool, "What do you mean?".

"Yesterday.", she shrugged. "What kept you?"

"Family stuff." he said, giving her a small glare. "What's it to you?"

She smacked her gloss lips, "Nothing, I guess. I'm just curious."

"Brit, stop." Jeanette said. "If he says it's family stuff, it is. His father is having more shifts at the station and he's been very grumpy lately. Back off."

She held her hands up as she chuckle, "Okay, it wasn't really even that harmful to ask a simple easy question."

Lillian couldn't help but move her eyes to look at Britney who was glaring at her as she took a bit of her carrot.

~

"She was staring at me that whole day." Lillian told Ryan tiredly in car as they waited for Jeanette to come out since he was giving them a ride to Jeanette house to spend the night with each other. It was Lillian idea--she wanted to have one last sleep over before she loses her best friend tomorrow.

"I know, she was doing the same thing with me." he said. "I don't understand why she didn't say anything. Britney loves gossip and hurting people. I don't get it."

Lillian ran her hand threw her hair and yawned a little. She's been feel more and more tired lately. She didn't want to think about Britney right now. The worst most possible over and she just wanted to go home and sleep. But she had to stay awake to be with Jeanette.

Ryan reached his arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer down on his chest so she could lean her head on his chest, but she was hesitant. "Its okay, no one around and Jeanette wont be another ten minutes.".

"Her and her commitment to cheer leading. How could those little meeting last so long?" she asked laying her head on his chest and he chuckled as he reached his other arm around her front and she felt so warm in his arms and he kissed the top of her head.