Chapter Twenty-Seven.

Lillian was pacing back and forth, holding Zane against her chest, rocking and shhing, but nothing was working to calm his loud crying! He didn't need a diaper change, wasn't hungry, no gas, there was simply nothing wrong with him! He was just simply crying and she was panicking.

She set him down on the changing table and check his diaper again but it was clean. She didn't know why he was crying, what he needed! He refused to latch onto her and leaned his legs forward to help him gas but nothing! What else could there be?

"Zane, stop crying.", she begged him. She was tired, she was really tired. She just wanted a nap now since Zane was starting to be up more in the night now and she had the be the one up with him all night since Ryan had to be up earlier in the morning at eight until two o'clock. Coffee seem to becoming her best friend now. Sure she had naps, but only thirty minutes a few times.

She picked Zane up from the table and bounced him against her chest again, "What's wrong, Zane?", she asked, patting his back. She felt exhausted now and wanted to fall into her bed. Zane was now a month and half old. It doesn't even feel like a month has passed.

Knowing nothing was going to work, she placed her crying baby in his crib and closed the curtains. She put in a CD on of relaxing water sound music. She grabbed her iPod and left the room. She remember tones of people telling her when a baby is crying for no reason why, they just need to cry since that's all they can do and just to leave the room until he does.

She went downstairs and fell onto the coach, putting her ear plugs in. She was tired and decided to take a little nap. Zane always fell asleep after a little fuss and she knew it'll be okay. He was in his crib, safe and sound.

She slowly drifted off into a light sleep, letting the music play.

~

Lillian woke up to the sound of Zane and she sat up so quickly, her head rushed and she wonder how long she was out. She then noticed Meredith on the recliner with Zane in her arms, rocking him back and forth.

Lillian yawned and stretched, "How long was I out?".

"Oh, just about little under an hour since I got home.", she said.

"Is he alright?", she asked.

"Yeah, he was sleeping when I went to go check up on him and now he's just bonding with grandma.", she said. "Go back to sleep.".

"Oh no, I'm fine.", she said. "I-I have to feed him soon anyways.".

"Okay, well feed him and then take a nap.", she said. "You look exhausted Lillian and I don't mind watching him. Even, you'll need to get ready later.".

"Ready?", Lillian questioned.

"You and Ryan have a date tonight. Don't you remember?", she asked. "Ryan taking you out tonight since he works tomorrow night?'.

"Oh jeez, that's right.", Lillian said, running her hand through her tangled hair and yawned again. She hasn't had much time to even brush her hair now. She felt disgusting. Zane had been keeping her so busy she forgot about tonight. She rubbed her neck and sighed, "I'm not even sure if I'm up to it anymore now.".

"Of course you are.", she said. "You need a break and to look pretty once and awhile. Believe me, I know. I had three boys and I always needed a break."

"I'm just so tired now. The beginning was so easy but ever since he turned two months, he's been crying so much lately now and I don't think I'm ready to go back to school in two weeks. I haven't even gotten any stuff for school, new cloths, nothing.", she said. "And how am I going to be able to do school work with Zane?"