{ Chapter 2 }

"Can we please have all Round #4 showjumpers back into the ring please. Round #4 showjumpers to ring nine!" The announcer's voice boomed over the loudspeaker.

It had been an agonizing two hours since my 'first place time' ride. I had left the ring and had not come back to hear the other competitors scores. I was nervous, even though I didn't care about our place. The had been over 100 riders competing so the odds were thin. Quickly and quietly, I lead Wild Fire out of the stall she was in. I had tightened her girth just as our rind was called. Here we go I thought.

Once Fire was out of her stall, I mounted from the ground and walked her towards the arena. There was a mob of people crowding the entrance so I asked Fire to trot, just to make them scatter. Everyone scattered as we trotted through, just as I hoped for. We got into the arena just as the judges were getting ready to call places.

"In 10th place we have....." The called droned on and on and on. 

I tuned in when I heard him start calling third place.

"In third place we had...Sheila Brung with an incredible time of 38.92 and 2 penalties!" I snuck a glance at Shela. Her face was pinched and she looked as if she had been insulted. Nevertheless, she accepted her yellow ribbon.

"In second place we have Tyler Fasu with an impeccable time of 38.34 and 1 penalty!"

My dreams were crushed when they called Tyler, an international rider for secon. I was hoping to advance but that definitely is not going to happen. Even if it was a 'small' barn show I wanted to try to advance to our higher level team.

(A/N: Kayla's barn is huge and very expensive. There are lots of young competitors so that is why there were so many competing in the showjumping round.)

"And in first place with an outstanding time of 35.78 and no penalties is....Kayla Myers! Give her a huge hand because this is her first event in more than two months! She is now advancing to Oak Valley Equestrian Center's advanced event team along with Tyler Fasu and Sheila Brung!"

The crowd erupted with applause as the 'prize giver' walked over to me with a large blue rosette and a check for $1,000. I couldn't comprehend what was happening so when the man handed me the check and rosette I just let is slum in my arms. My parents came rushing out and hugged me and Fire. The helped me hold my check and rosette for pictures. My smile was dazed and odd looking, I could feel it.

As we walked out of the ring, it finally hit me what just happened. I won

[({ I know short update. My next one will be longer and more detailed. Thanks for reading! <3 })]