{ Chapter 3 }

"Kayla, you need to go to the barn. Wild Fire misses you!" My mom yelled from downstairs.

I just sighed and pulled on my Saxton boots, Kerrit breeches, Kerrit polo shirt, and jacket. I hadn't gone out to the barn yesterday or today because some might say that I was still in shock. But now, two days after the show, everything started to sink in and make sense. This could be our path to Rolex Kentucky.

The warmth of the beginning of June hung in the air. I sighed again, content this time. I stopped and took everything in. Wild Fire grazing in our fist pasture. The birds singing in the tall Pine trees. Our mist covered arena. Everything looked so beautiful and silent. All of a sudden, Wild Fire lifted her head, took off and galloped at full speed towards me, before sliding to a stop right before the fence. I laughed and walked over to her. I opened my palm to reveal a carrot that Fire immediately scooped up happily.

I patted her neck before opening the gate. Once the gate was open, I leapt gracefully onto my mare's back. She snorted and tossed her head before walking calmly towards the barn, at my request. I hugged her neck, then slid off when we got to the barn door. I opened them and garabbed a halter. 

I haltered Wild Fire then put her in cross ties. After securing the cross ties, I grabbed a lilac colored saddle pad, my black Wintec training saddle, and my black Professionals Choice SMX girth. Once everything was on, centered, and tightened, I grabbed my bridle. 

After finishing tacking up Wild Fire, I led her to our outdoor arena and decided we would do some flat work. But, before I mount, I checked my girth then did work in hand and stepping under. Once that was all done, I mounted up and started walking a 20 meter circle on the left rein. After five minutes or so, I switched to the right rein for another five minutes.

Then, after a series of turn on the wall and half circle reverses, I ask Wild Fire to pick up a trot. She lept into it and made me struggle to calm her down. This is what you get for leaving her Fire in her stall and out in the pasture for two days, I thought.

After getting a couple left and right rein circles in, we cantered around for a bit. It was a fun but aimless canter, with nothing but fun in mind. Suddenly a tree branch snapped in the slight wind. Wild Fire took off and galloped straight towards the arena fence. 

She flew over it with me clinging to her back. I regain myself and did a one rein stop. It took a while tom get Wild Fire under control. I looked around. The wind was way to calm for a branch to snap. I dismounted and walked over to the fallen branch.

Wedged underneath is was a shiny object. I reached down quickly and my hand landed on a phone! I gasped and picked it up to see whose it was. I was the only one out here and my phone was in the house AND definitely not pink. I hit the power button and looked at the lock screen picture. It was Sheila and Tyler Faus from the show!

I cringed and slid open the bar to see if there was a password. Sure enough there was. I tried 555555 first then 852258. The code 852258 worked! I went straight to messages. The first one was to Tyler.

Babe I miss you so much can't wait to see you at Event Team practice on Thursday! <3

That was from Sheila. The reply was a dick pic from Tyler and two hearts. I cringed again and thought to myself that I would never be able to look at Tyler again without imagining his dick. I closed out of Tyler's messages and went to Brittany's, Shelia best friend.

I scrolled a ways before I found what I was looking for.

OMG! BRITANY! :( :( KAYLA BEAT ME OMG I AM SOO GOING TO GET HER BACK!

OMG SHEILA IMMA SOOO SORRY! I'LL HELP GET THAT BITCH BACK!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH GURL YOU ARE THE BEST! I THINK WE SHOULD SPOOK HER SHIT MARE AND MAKE HER GALLOP AWAY WITH THAT BITCH ON HER BACK AND SEE WHO DIES FIRST!

Tears welled up in my eyes. I know you're not supposed to let these things bother you but they were pretty much plotting my death just so Sheila could win! She didn't deserve to win. I pocketed Sheila's phone and made a mental note to show it to Mrs. Kim, our event team trainer, tomorrow at Advanced Event Team practice / meeting.