{ Chapter 8 }

We all filed out of the van then went our separate ways. Sydney, Carlos, and I went to the bathroom and everyone else got their horses or food. We walked into our separate bathrooms then met a few minutes later in the snack isle.

"So, Kayla. It's almost your birthday and I got you something." Carlos said while casually looking at a huge bag of Red Vines.

He pulled out the my favorite Panic! At The Disco album, 'Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die'.

"Thank you so much!" I screeched, hugging him. 

I didn't realize that I had just hugged Carlos. Instead of pulling away, he embraced me tighter.

"I also wanted to ask you something." He said once we were done hugging.

"What is it?" I questioned, even though I already knew.

"Will you go out with me? In like 5 minutes?" He asked.

I raised an eyebrow then smiled and nodded.

"Meet me out back in 5 minutes. Exactly." He said before rushing out.

"I need to help. Be ready in five!" Sydney said then ran after Carlos.

I laughed then grabbed a bag of Red Vines then walked to the register. After paying, I walked to the trailer to grab Fire. After opening the door, I reached in to find.... She wasn't there! I yelped and then slammed the door shut then dropped the latch. I sprinted around the gas station before I heard whinnying. Carlos was holding Wild Fire and was standing next to a red-and-white checkered picnic blanket with an array of food strewn accost it. I gasped then walked towards my horse and date.

After quickly tying Wild Fire to a nearby tree, I sat down at the blanket with Carlos. He smiled and gestured towards the array of yummy snacks.

"Eat what ever you like." He said sweetly.

And I did. While munching on our buffet, we talked and laughed. Wild Fire was always close by and munching on grass. She went a far as her lead would go just to get ';the good stuff.'

"Get everyone and there horses back in the vans and trailers," Mrs. Kim said, "Were going to be on the road again for another four hours. Make sure your horses have their shipping equipment on and their trailer is clean. 10 minutes people."

I untied Wild Fire and led her to the side of the trailer. I cleaned it quickly then wrapped her back up in her shipping gear. Once everything was done, Mrs. Kim did a once-over and counted people. Everything was clean and everyone was here.