{Chapter 10}

**dressage**

"And now we have Kayla Myers riding Wild Fire." The announcer called. 

I took a deep breath and entered at 'A'. I halted a saluted, then asked Wild Fire to trot.

Working Trot Rising from 'X', track right to B.

~

"I feel like it went smoothly, but when we had to switch diagonals I was like where am I going?!" I said to Mrs. Kim in a light tone, trying to brush off my mistake. I continued untacking Wild Fire as Mrs. Kim waved good bye.

I knew the judges had seen it loud and proud. Knowing it would drop my score, I decided that making my show jumping round and cross country course flawless. I wen through the course in my head. 

Straight to the post-and-rail. Then large circle right to a double far then 5 strides away to the oxer. Large circle left to the hedge the weird line to the water jump. Come out to the right, to the in-and-out verticals. sharp right to another oxer.  

*^^ this is a real course and I didn't want to make anything up.^^*

I memorized  the course, replaying it in my head over and over and over. We were going to have to cut corners on this course to make good time. Suddenly, my thoughts were interrupted by the loud speaker.

"Can we please have all of the riders from Class A, Ring 5 back in the Ring please? Class A, Ring 5 please!" Yelled the annoucer.

"Here is the time of truth." Tyler said from behind me. I jumped and whipped around.

"Oh my goodness! How long were you standing there?" I questioned.

"No long. We should probably go back to the arena though," He suggested. 

"Sure," I replied sweetly. 

And all of a sudden I had a spontaneous Idea.

Kiss him! said the devil on my left shoulder.

Don't do it! Said the angle on my right shoulder.

I took the devils advice. It was the best kiss I had ever had. Long, soft, sweet, and warm.