{ Chapter 18 }

They all must be out looking for me, I thought. I quickly ran into the barn, hoping to find someone. The only person I found was a small girl no older than sixwith her mom. I walked up to the woman and asked her, "Do you know where everyone is?"

 She responded with a sigh said, "They're out looking for some runaway teenage girl. I don't think they found her yet."

"Do you know when they left?" 

I asked. She shook her head so I kept walking. I found Carlos in one of the stalls. I looked at him disgusted then asked, "Can I have some help?"

He nodded and I beckoned him to follow. I knew he would want to help this defenseless horse. I grabbed some grass hay and then started into a run. Then, all the sudden I realized that I should probably grab a lead rope of some sort. I told Carlos to stay back and then ran to the barn to grab a lead rope. After grabbing the lead rope, I ran back to where Carlos was standing, and then told him to keep running. We ran and ran until he found a horse in the pasture.

Carlos gasped at the site. The horse was a poor and sickly sight. I walked up to the starved a gelding and slid the lead rope in to a makeshift halter. I put it gently onto his face, hoping not to spook him. The gelding barely lifted his head when I put the halter on. Carlos attempted to give the horse the grass hay but of course, he wouldn't take it.
Tears started to spring into my eyes but I attempted to hold them back.

"How?" Carlos questioned.

 I just shook my head and tried to get the horse to move. The sick gelding didn't even attempt to take a step. I could tell he was more than half dead. The tears started to run down my face as I tried a little harder to get him to move. He took one small step. But now the tears were streaming down my face as I was trying to get the horse to move. He took a couple more small steps before almost collapsing after tripping. Carlos already had a cell phone out after seeing the abandoned horse attempt to move. I heard the words 'Miss Kim' 'come' and 'please help'. I knew that this horse was just about dead and that he probably wouldn't make it.

But somehow, I thought that this is God's call to me that I should get back into the equestrian world and help the sick horse. I knew that I should try to keep him alive as long as possible. Even if no one is believed in him or me, I would definitely try. I knew the horse was probably  99.9% dead already but I just had to try. I had to!

Nothing could mean more to me at this moment in this poor horse. He had to live. The beginning of his life may have been sad by the looks of it, but I wanted to make the end of his life happy. Not dying in some terrible pasture. I was convinced as the horse let out a small grown and fell to the ground. 

This was the end.