{ Chapter 20 }

It was a couple hours before we heard any news about Wild Freedom. He had made it through the surgery that they given him because he had an infection and was seriously ill from starvation and dehydration. All that mattered was that he had made it. Of course we all cried at least a little bit, even Carlos. But since he made it, the tears became happy tears.

By now both Carlos's and I's parents had shown up. Our parents weren't too happy, money wise, but the fact that we were willing to give the horse a chance was a different story. It made everything worth it. We all wanted to see if the horse would live now. Since he made it through the surgery, it is now time to decide whose horse it was.

"He is yours, Kayla." Carlos said in a whisper as happy tears fell from his face.

I just smiled and hugged him. Nothing else had to be said. This meant that for Carlos and I were ready to be friends again and that I had forgiven him. But now it is time for us to work together to save this horse no matter who's he was.

And we did exactly that. The horse made it through the night and in the morning when we went back to the vets office we were happy to see that his eyes were open and shining a little more than before. It was such a great sight. None of us could hardly contain her excitement. I was the first to touch him. I walked up to his head and stroked right behind his ears as I had to many horses before him. But now it was different. We had a different connection that was like nothing I've ever felt before. No other horse that I've ever met or had I had ever felt this connected to. This was something different, this was something great. We work together from then on and help each other get better.