Prologue

I growl and punch my fist into the brick wall. It wasn't my punching bag but it sure did a number on my anger.

My brothers called me a hot head and then Mikey showered me in hot sauce to prove their point.

They were so frustrating!

I try to control my anger, I really do. But they don't think I do. They think I just blow up at the tiniest little thing.

I don't. I know better.

Yelling out into the New York sky I hold back tears on the verge of over flowing.

"Get a hold of yourself Raph, You can't be crying.." I mutter to myself as I clench my fists by my sides.

I go over the breathing exercises I learned on YouTube and take deep breathes as I close my eyes.

It was going to be okay.

Well for me anyways.

At that moment I hear frantic yelling and the cry of a baby. It was coming from one of the windows in the alley down below.

I jump down from the rooftop and hide in the shadows as I watch a couple argue.

"Rob! I don't want her and neither do you. So what do you want me to do?!" A woman with brown hair yells.

She looks very angry as she holds out a crying baby to a black haired, beer-bellied man who looked like he hadn't showered in weeks.

"I don't know! Just get rid of it! We never wanted the Dang thing anyway. Just throw it out the window!" He yells back.

The woman growls and goes to the window before glaring at the little child. She holds her hands out and drops the bundle into the alley below.

I wasn't even thinking, I just raced forward and caught the crying baby.

She looks up at me with tears in her light green eyes. Whimpering, her lip starts to quiver.

"No, no don't cry. It's okay, your safe now. I promise.." I whisper to her while holding her close and rocking her back and forth in my arms.

Her whimpering stops but she still looks around wide eyed at the world around her. Trash on the ground, sirens a few blocks away and pollution filled the city.

This was New York.

"It's okay angel, you'll never be harmed again, I'll protect you.."