Chapter 7: Is It Possible?

Walking through the tunnels I try to calm my beating heart. God how can I be attracted to a human girl?

Shell how could anyone like me? She would scream and run away and I would never have a chance. Why bother?

My heart breaks a little and I clench my fists.

I should just get back home, Ella needs me. I don't need love. I'm strong and tough, and a tough people don't need such a fragile thing like love.

Pushing my feelings for the girl out of my head I start to build my walls around my heart again.

I can't let feelings get a hold of me. They'll break me.

________________

Ella coos in my Father's arms as I enter the lair and I smile sadly at her, taking her from my dad.

My father noticed.

"Something wrong my son?" he asks taking a few steps towards me as I rocked Ella with a look of concern.

I pause and think about it.

Nothing really was wrong I just felt a little sad because I couldn't love anyone. I mean who would love a big, ugly, green monster?

No one.

I smile at him, trying my best to look fine. "No just tired father, I'm going to put Ella down and go to bed."

Walking with Ella to my room I feel the eyes of my father following me. I just needed sleep then maybe the feelings for the girl would go away.

Sooner I forgot the sooner I don't get hurt.

Easy. Right?

I growl a little frustrates with myself and Ella notices, stopping her little coos and taking time to smile at me and snuggle into my plasteron.

I smile and chuckle as we enter my room, "Thank you Angel that really means a lot to me."

She smiles and yawns as I smile myself. "Alright then, let's get you to bed."

I lay down in my bed, back against my pile of pillows and start singing a song to my beautiful angel.

Soon Ella's eyes flutter close and her breathing softens. I sigh and kiss her forehead before placing her in the crib and tucking her small form in with two blankets.

Wouldn't want her getting cold, with winter fast approaching

"Goodnight Ella, I love you" I whisper as I lay down in my own bed, pulling the blankets over me as I fall asleep to Ella's breathing.

________________

"La da, La de da la la la..." I hear a voice sweetly sing.

It was her, I knew it was. I would never forget a voice likes hers. Her voice sounded like honey dripping over a soft warm cup of tea.

Refreshing, smooth and warm.

I could give off her voice.

No! Raph snap out of it. Humans would never love you!

I growl and pinch myself on the dream and the singing got louder.

Even more beautiful.

I cover my ears trying to drown it out but it's no use. It's over powering.

And I'm falling deeper in Love.