Chapter 3: Little Fighter

Ella and I sit on the living room floor a little while after Mia left. With her cousin giving Ella a bunch of gifts, Ella and I were going through them.

"Let's see what's in the first one eh?" I ask Ella as she giggles and claps her hands.

I tilt the bag towards her and she instantly grabs at the pink paper, ripping it from the purple gift bag.

I chuckle and pull it away slightly, "Easy there angel, save it for when you have Mikey do somethin', like prank me."

She giggles and tries to grab at it but I pull out the gift and set it in front of her.

She coos and picks up the stuffed bunny, cuddling it when it reaches her skin. I couldn't blame her, looked pretty soft.

"What are ya gonna name it Ella?" I ask resting my chin on her head as I look down at the bunny.

"Abba pshh.." she gurgles out. I chuckle, "Hello Abba."

Picking up another bag I start to empty them all out one by one. Some were with diapers and wipes others were clothes and a few toys. Mia was kind enough to give Ella a few blankets as well.

I was especially gratefully for the blankets since it was nearing winter in New York. I wanted Ella to be warm and not catch any illness.

Master Splinter walks into the living room and sits down, taking Ella from my arms and holding her in his lap.

"Seems like I have become a grandpa once again."

Donnie snorts as he walks in, sipping his coffee as he does so, "Same here, once again I'll have to be an Uncle. Let's pray Mikey doesn't go looking for a child now."

Mikey takes off his headphones and glares at Donnie, "Hey! I'll have you know I would be the best dad ever!"

I roll my eyes and take Ella back as her eyes start to flutter shut. Wrapping a blanket around her gently I bounce her up and down slowly in my arms as I listen to Donnie and Mikey argue.

"Raph tell Donnie that I would be a great father!" Mikey yells at me.

I point to Ella in my arms and he instantly quiets. "Sorry.. tell Donnie that I would be a great dad.." he whispers to me.

"Mikey could possibly be a good Dad.." I whisper to Donnie before walking to my room.

Shutting my door quietly behind me I set Ella down in her makeshift bed with Abba her bunny.

I needed to go get a crib and some more formula for Ella along with some more bottles.

Walking out of my room I leave the door open a crack. "Hey Leo?" I call out to Leo's room as I open his door.

"Yeah Raph?" I hear him ask as he flips though a magazine.

"Can you watch Ella while I go out? I need to go get some more formula and some bottles." I tell him as he looks over the rim of his magazine.

He nods and I smile gratefully. "She's in my room in her bed and is with her bunny Abba. Call me if anything goes wrong."

"Alright good luck." Leo says getting up from his bed.

I nod and go out to Donnie's lab to grab a watch. Switching it on I tuck my wallet and phone into my pant pocket as I take my coat off it's hook.

I would need formula, bottles, a crib and maybe some baby food.

______________

Pulling my cart up to the register I pile the formula, baby food and bottles onto the conveyor belt.

The lady smiles at me, "You expecting a young one?"

I shake my head and smile a little, "Already came. Didn't think she would come early so forgot to get a crib along with food." I say handing her some cash after she scans the box in my cart.

"Well congratulations to you and the Mrs." She says happily.

I smile and take the bags. As I'm walking out my smile drops slightly.

Ella wouldn't have a mom.

Was that a bad thing?