Chapter 9: Shell

I breathe heavily and wince as I try to put my I hired foot down. Jesus it hurt.

Abby glances at my ankle and walks toward me slowly, I take a step back hesitant. "Hey, I'm not a psycho so u can trust me."

Getting closer my heart beats faster and I feel my cheeks heat up. God not now.

She reaches me and kneels to touch my ankle. "I can stitch it up if you come back to my apartment. I have first aid there."

I was astonished, why didn't she scream? Run even!

I'm a monster why was she trying to help me.

"Why?" is all I manage to get out.

"Why what?" she looks me on the eyes arms folded.

"Why aren't you afraid of me?" I ask inwardly cringing at the self image of myself as a monster.

She laughs and almost collapses to the floor laughing. Wiping a tear from her eye she smiles. "Compared to my Favorite TV show I would be more scared of Walkers then your cute turtle face."

I blush more and she gestures to the staircase, "Come on everyone is asleep so we can sneak in this way."

Sighing I glance around nervously and start to jump towards the staircase, Abby is instantly by my side and putting my arm around Her shoulder for support.

"Thank you.." I mutter as I wince from the pain. Shell this hurt.

We manage to get to her floor and she let's me into her apartment, I take in the scents of it, perfume and take out. Beautiful combination.

She guides me to Her couch and I sink into the soft fabric sighing. "I'll be back i just have to find my first aid" she says smiling at she walks to Her bathroom.

I nod and take a look around Her home. It was small, and quite clean. Her style seemed to be almost modern mixed with fairy. Lots of twinkling small lights.

Taking a deep breath in I try to stabilise myself. Even though my crush didn't run and scream I still have to be careful. For all I know she could be calling a scientist to coke pick me up. Maybe even the police!

Starting to panic a little I glance around the apartment, taking in all my exits just in case. If I needed I would make a break for the window and jump down the alleyway. It would hurt like hell with my ankle but it was better then nothing.

Abby walks back in with a first aid kit in her hands and she pulls out a needle and thread. "My Dad is in the military so I learned some things from him. Though I have to earn you this will hurt"

Nodding I grip the side of her couch tightly with my hand as she begins to stick up my wound.

I hiss and gritt my teeth as she slowly stitches the wound. Groaning a little in pain.

"I'm so sorry. It's almost done." Abby consoles as she finishes up.

She goes the knot and gestures to my ankle and I take a peep at it. It was still a little bloody and would probably get infected but it would do for now until I got back to the lair.

"Thank you, this means a lot to me." I mutter.

She smiles "What's your name?"

I smile back "Raphael, you can call me  Raph."

Abby giggles and sticks out Her hand, "Nice to meet you Raph, I'm Abigal but people call me Abby."

I take her hand and shake it. Boy was it soft, warm and small! My manhole cover it was so small, My big hand almost enveloped hers.

We sit there for a bit staring at eachother until my phone breaks the silence. Glancing at it I see it's Leo. Why was he calling?

Then I saw the time. 6:00 am. Sweet mother of mutations! The sun was rising!

"I have to go! I'm sorry I'll find you!" I yell at I quickly jump up and down Her window.

I start jumping into the alleyway before she can even call my name.

____________

"Raph where in the sewers were you?" Leo yells as I vault over the barrier to the lair.

I stumble as I land and grunt "On a walk. Where's Donnie?"

Leo glances at my ankle and then to me. "You have a lot of explaining to do."

Indeed I did.

****Authors Note***

Hi! Sorry for the late update but here it is and it's slightly longer just for you.

I love you peeps! Hope your enjoying the story!

-Smore