Chapter 8

~Lucy~ 

I was tired. Really tired. The infection was trying to get me to sleep so it could grow even faster. I and Porlyusica were struggling to stay awake. It had been half an hour since I sent another message to the lab but I knew that they wasn't getting them or we wasn't getting the reply. It was a struggle. We was waiting for the blood test to get back while Porlyusica was looking at it under the scope. I was sitting on the ground hugging my legs. "Some people the infection kills faster than others" I mumbled thinking.

"When one's will is strong it takes longer but Flare has given up" I then mumbled trying to understand anything about this. "Stay strong Lucy we are the last two doctors on this" Porlyusica spoke as she soon stood up fast looking through the microscope. I got up walking over as Porlyusica asked me to take a look. I was in shock to see Flare's white blood cells killing the infection. We heard the beep of the blood test coming back as Porlyusica went to check it. I was still watching amazed. 

"Her vitamin levels, all of them are higher than normal helping the infection be beaten" Porlyusica spoke as I moved my head away as we smiled toward each other. "A cure" we spoke as we was rushing making a injection to help the body fight this infection. We was struggling with what we had as we was low on supplies. It was why we was trying to message the lab. "We don't have enough vitamin C" I spoke worried as the sound of tapping on a laptop was coming from the computer speakers. 

Porlyusica and I looked toward the computer in shock. "Is this thing even working yet?" I heard Natsu's voice sound annoyed as I heard Levy's voice telling him to shut up. "Levy? Natsu?" I asked confused as we heard Levy then cheer that she did it as Natsu had a sigh of relief. "Raven Tail blocked your communication so we made our own" Levy soon explained. I was confused so was Porlyusica. Porlyusica though soon shook her head. "Can you make the main lab send up vitamin C, without it we all die" Porlyusica soon asked.

Well more like ordered as I heard Levy say she was on it. Porlyusica was telling Natsu about Wendy and about her weak she was and how badly we needed that cure for her. I zoned our everything going blurry as I soon fell backward onto the ground as I heard Porlyusica shout my name. She was by my side trying to keep me awake as my side was hurting badly. "LUCY, Porlyusica what is happening?" Natsu shouted worried as I started coughing badly. "It has grown in you while your awake, how?" Porlyusica asked.

"I found the package and breathed most of it in when finding it" I answered weakly as Porlyusica ordered me to stay strong and awake as she got ready to take my blood saying how the infection was different on me. "Fucking hell everything huts" I spoke tears building up in the corner of my eyes from the pain as Porlyusica took my blood with a needle. "Hang in there alright, I will get you an IV" Porlyusica spoke as it didn't take long to take my blood. Porlyusica moved putting it in the tester and some under the microscope. 

"Lucee" I heard a worried Natsu as I was grabbing my side. "Hopefully the cure will work on you too Lucy the infection inside of you is more aggressive" Porlyusica spoke as she helped me up and onto a chair. I noticed Flare had finally passed out as I was taking deep breaths. "Lucy stay awake while I get the Iv understood?" Porlyusica asked as I leaned back in pain biting my bottom lip hard. I was unable to answer her from it as Porlyusica was worried to leave me alone. She needed me to stay awake. 

"It's attacking you faster than Wendy" she soon spoke as I was coughing again my hand over my mouth as soon blood was on my hand. "A lot faster" Porlyusica whispered grabbing some tissues and came over giving me them. "Natsu we need that vitamin c now" Porlyusica spoke as I heard him agree and rushing out a door. I was taking deep breaths still struggling to stay awake even more now. "The pain is.....getting worse" I spoke as Porlyusica put her hand on my forehead. "Your burning up, it doesn't care if your asleep or not" Porlyusica then spoke.

She sounded worried as hell. Reminded me of a parent worried for their child. My breaths became shorter as Porlyusica soon heard a ding at the supply lift on the side. Porlyusica rushed over opening it seeing the vitamin C we needed. "Give it to Wendy first understood?" I asked as Porlyusica looked at me shocked and worried but soon sighed agreeing as I watched her make the cure alone. Took had half an hour to make the cure and keep me awake at the same time. She soon left to give it out as I was alone with a knocked out Flare.

"Lucy stay awake" I soon heard an out of breath Natsu as I was holding my side with both my hands. "Trying to but the max level of pain one's body can take before passing out is near" I replied as I noticed the fungus starting to the grow on my hand. "Crap" I spoke seeing it as I pushed myself to stand only to fall onto my knees forward coughing badly. "Lucy" I heard Natsu worried as it wasn't long until Porlyusica was coming in while injecting herself. "Alright your up" she spoke getting a clean needle from the side. 

"Yay because I can't any-" I started speaking but passed out before I finished falling fully to the ground. I felt so weak. I was in so much pain. I most likely got Natsu even more worried about me.