Chapter 22

~Natsu's Pov~ 

Soon as I got to the meeting I wanted to pass out bored as most of it was the company partners giving me a congrats on me and Lucy getting married and so on. Mira was keeping me away with her glares that no one else was able to pick up but me. Unfair. Everyone thought she was a sweet innocent woman. Bullshit. She was evil. After the meeting was done it was time for the mafia meeting in my office. "I just wanna get home" I mumbled as Mira giggled as we was walking to my office. "You will need as much money as you can for the baby Natsu" Mira reminded me.

"Money ain't much of a problem Mira, I'm just worried about Lucy's safety" I replied as Mira put her hand on my shoulder as we got outside my office. "Lucy is a smart girl plus now she part of the family she will have Erza guarding her starting later today remember" Mira spoke smiling toward me as I took a deep breath nodding going into the office and soon started the meeting to only get informed Phantom Lord would be making a move at Fairy Tail. I got worried as what mafia groups were free we started planning a way to get rid of Jose once and for all.

~Meanwhile, Lucy's Pov~ 

I had to keep these guys busy. Mavis and Zeref would be able to handle them easy. "Grab Mrs Dragneel leave the kid behind" Jose spoke standing up as Wendy's eyes widen. We told her the new yesterday as we met everyone in Fairy Tail telling them yesterday after eating out with the small group. "DON'T HURT HER" Wendy shouted as I was grabbed and forced onto my feet as the front doors were heard burst down as Zeref showed up holding a gun as the people and Jose froze and went pale. "Z-Zeref Dragneel?" one of the men asked stuttering.

Jose grabbed me, pulling me close to him as he put his gun toward my stomach as my eyes had tears built up in seconds as Mavis came in telling Zeref to stand down but he already had glaring toward Jose. "Fighting you is more effort but it is easy to see you and your bastard of a brother care for this woman and her child" Jose spoke poking his gun into my stomach as I was soon shaking as Mavis had her phone out behind her. She was calling Natsu and the others. "You will be freeing her right away" Zeref spoke harshly.

Happy came along hissing toward Jose as Jose was moving to the kitchen dragging me with him. Zeref and Mavis were slowly following. The door leading to the garden being lock Jose was now sweating slightly. "Lucy just look at me" Mavis spoke as I looked at her a tear going down my cheek. "You will be fine" Mavis spoke so calmly and sure as Jose laughed. "Don't lie bitch. One step and I killed Mrs Dragneel and her unborn child" Jose spoke loudly and surely as the back door burst open as I heard the click of a gun.

"Gun down or I blow our your brains" I heard Brandish's voice as she was another one of my childhood friends and an old member of my father's mafia group. She now worked in Zeref's mafia group. Jose cursed under his breath freeing me as I ran to Mavis hugging her as she hugged me back. "Kill the bastard" Mavis soon spoke as I turned my head to see Jose's eyes widen. "Brandish" Zeref spoke as Brandish pulled the trigger a loud echo of a bang happened as Jose's body fell to the ground lifeless.

A blood pool growing around his head as the bullet was suck half was inside his head or so as it didn't come through the other side. "Zeref I want people with Lucy, I know Fairy Tail will be guarding her but I want her safe" Mavis spoke rubbing my back as Wendy was rushing over hugging me her eyes watering. "Understood" Zeref replied as he took Mavis's phone as he clicked a button as Brandish came into the house more. "Natsu is going to freak" Wendy whispered as I turned my head seeing the guys Jose brought knocked out.

Larcade, the cousin of Zeref and Natsu standing there with a baseball bat with blood on it. I soon saw Erza rushing into the house with her gun seeing everything. "What happened?" she asked as it must of been someone else Mavis was on the phone too. Natsu would of been here by now if it was him. "Phantom Lord, we just took out their leader" Zeref answered no emotion in his voice as he soon pulled me away from Wendy and Mavis and hugged me himself. "You can cry now" I whispered as hugged back, crying into his shoulder. 

"He threatened Lucy's child" I heard Wendy whisper as it was an half an hour later, Zeref's people cleaned up the house as I was on the couch Happy on my lap purring with me petting him. Mavis next to me keeping me calm as Wendy was cooking everyone some food with Erza's help. We heard Natsu rushing into the house, he was out of breath. "We dealt with them, you shouldn't of even left Lucy alone knowing she is pregnant" Zeref spoke looking toward Natsu who walked past him over to me as Happy walked onto Mavis's lap. He bent down as I hugged him crying.

He hugged back and tight. "I'm so sorry I left you here alone" Natsu whispered as I heard the guilt in his voice. I was so scared. I was only scared when Jose figured it out. Until that point I was calm but soon as he figured out I was pregnant I-I just gave into fear. "Zeref, Natsu has to look after the company you left behind as well as a Mafia group, give him a break" Mavis spoke rubbing my back as I knew Natsu would blame himself the next couple of days.