Chapter 28

~Natsu's Pov~ 

Zeref and I were in the living room talking about security of the town. His people already think someone has smuggled the prisoners into the town. Zeref was suggesting a safe house for Lucy and Wendy as I was sitting back in deep thought. "Lucy and Wendy wouldn't agree to it " I mumbled as Zeref and I were soon planning a way to deal with the prisoners who have broken out of Magnolia Prison. It wasn't long until the news caught our ears. Murders were showing up around town. "Crap" Zeref and I spoke hearing Mavis and Lucy coming down the stairs.

Zeref turned off the TV right away as we fake smiles as they came into the room giggling. "Natsu the baby room looks amazing" Mavis spoke jumping up the down excited. Lucy walked over sitting next to me, putting her head on my shoulder. I smiled for real putting my arm around her. "So where are you guys staying?" I soon asked as Lucy looked slightly tired. "I was gonna ask to stay here as I want to spend time with Lucy more" Mavis spoke as I knew she meant guard Lucy. I agreed to it as Zeref informed me he had his own home in town.

I was soon questioning him about this house as Lucy and Mavis were laughing as we was comparing each other's houses pretty soon. It wasn't long until Lucy fell asleep leaning on me as I picked her up in a bridal hold standing up. "We won't let them go near her" Mavis and Zeref spoke as I smiled toward them, thanking them as I took Lucy to our room upstairs. Once I laid her down Happy jumped up onto the pillow next to Lucy curling up into a ball falling asleep himself. I laughed slightly. 

"Keep guard of her Happy" I whispered pulling the covered over Lucy as I headed back downstairs to see Mavis petting Carla who was on her lap as Wendy was coming from the kitchen carrying tea. I was wondering where she went. "So what truly is the plan about these bad guys?" Wendy asked putting a tray of tea and coffee on the coffee table. I sat down as we sat down at the same time on the same couch. "We all have people around the town looking for them but they already have started murdering the innocent people" Zeref spoke turning the TV back on.

It was taking about break ins and the murders. Wendy looked worried. "By the map of the things happening they are enjoying themselves heading this house" Zeref soon spoke staring at the TV. Those bastards. There was knocking at the door as I got up as Virgo had gone home. I walked to the door but I ducked fast a gun shot went off as the door was brown down as two guys were standing there smirking toward me. I pulled my gun on my back off and shot one of them as Zeref came in shooting the other.

"Why is it always the fucking door?" I asked annoyed getting on my feet fully as some others were outside running off in fear. I saw people chasing them as Zeref told me to check on Lucy as he dealt with this. I listened right away heading upstairs to see Lucy opening the bedroom door rubbing her eyes. "Natsu is everything ok?" she asked worried as I kissed her forehead. "Everything is fine, ok" I whispered my hand on her stomach and my over on her waist. "Better be telling me the truth Dragneel" she spoke making me smirk picking her up in a bridal hold carrying her to the bed putting her down. 

I laid over her as she smiled biting her bottom lip. I pressed my lips on her's my hands next to each side of Lucy's face balancing me as Lucy's hands went on my shoulders. I felt her kiss back as I deepened the kiss as I pulled away when we needed air. Lucy was catching her breath smiling at me. "I love you Lucy" I whispered as she smiled even more pulling me into a quick kiss. "I love you too Natsu" she replied as I kissed her forehead. "Go to bed ok, you need rest" I then whispered as she moved her hands onto my cheeks.

"Only if you join me" she spoke as I chuckled giving her a quick kiss. "Let me kick Zeref out first then I will come straight back ok?" I spoke as she nodded as she gave me another quick kiss as I got up leaving the room heading downstairs to see the bodies were gone and people were working on the door. "Lucy wants my attention while she sleeps" I spoke as Zeref nodded saying he would leave when the door was done. Wendy told me to hurry up and get back to Lucy with Mavis backing her up.

I was so going to get picked on. I turned around going back up the stairs and went into my room to see Lucy changing into her pink Pjs. She turned her head smiling toward me as she put her top on, already having her bottoms on as she walked over to me her arms going around my neck. "You know I prefer when you don't wear those" I whispered as Lucy giggled giving me a peck on the cheek. "I'm tired" she whispered as I picked up her in a bridal hold once more taking her to the bed playing her down as I took off my top and bottoms just being in my boxers.

I got into the bed with Lucy as she cuddled up to me. "Sleep" I whispered kissing her head as it didn't take long for her to of fallen asleep. I laid there smiling toward her as Happy was fast asleep on the pillow still. I just couldn't help but smile. I loved Lucy so much and soon we would have a new addition to the family. I knew Lucy couldn't wait for the baby to get here, I was the same. We soon was finding out the gender too. I was even more excited for then.