Chapter 2

Sang

Car rides, a relaxing peaceful time to kick back and enjoy yourself as you take in your new surroundings, NOT. Sure I can enjoy a good car ride but when you're in a tiny Toyota with three giant dogs crammed in the backseat having a shoving match every five seconds to see out the windows, I wasn't exactly 'enjoying' myself. It was even worse when Nuka had enough of being squished and decided to try climbing in my lap in the passenger seat, almost smothering me to death. 

As much as I love my dogs at the end of fifteen minutes I was about ready to strap one or two to the roof of the car just to get some air. "How you doing over there Sang?" Will asked, honestly I was surprised the boy hadn't crashed yet with a wolf-dog butt partially in his face. I was also surprised that in between the dogs in the backseat and my lack of oxygen from Nuka standing on me, I had actually done a good bit of catching up with Will. I told him what I could of my travels and he told me what he'd been doing the last two years. 

Apparently the boy genius had started his own electronic business being how he raised the money to buy the house he's giving me, before meeting his girlfriend who had started off working as his secretary and now was his partner in more ways than one. He told me the first time he met her dad he thought the guy was going to shoot him, lucky he didn't or he'd be facing my wrath. It had been such a long time since anyone had really noticed me enough to laugh and talk like Will did, I honestly didn't know I missed him so much until now. 

"I'm hanging in there but if we don't get there soon you might have to carry me, because my legs seem to be asleep." I huffed, glaring at the 120 pound furball in my lap, didn't phase him one bit. "Almost. If you look to the left I believe you should see the sign." Will smirked as he nodded towards my right. As I turned to look I couldn't help the gasp that escaped me the words Bridle Ridge briefly caught my eye before the largest granite statue of a horse rearing I had ever seen drew my attention. 

"Wow." I wasn't​ even able to put the full beauty of what was essentially the community logo into words, Will chuckled at my response. "If you like that wait till you see the house." He sounded about as excited and nervous as I felt, moving into a new home was a big deal for someone like me, just then he cut the engine as we pulled to a complete stop on the curb. "Here we are." Thank everything holy and good, I needed out before they had to amputate my lower body. Pushing the door open I shoved my pouty pet out and jumped out after him in a hurry.

 "Air, how I've missed you." my sigh was more than appropriate I'd say. I quickly let the two over grown pups out of the backseat before they could have a chance to wreck Will's car, more than they already had anyway. The moment they were free Duke and Billy took off to explore their new surroundings, I didn't blame them I'd be doing the same the first chance I got. Nuka was a bit more reluctant to leave my side, ever the protective bodyguard my best, favorite boy (don't tell the other two). 

He looked to me then back to the woods where the others no doubt disappeared to before looking back to me with his head cocked in question. "Go on you big lap dog, go have fun, and stay safe. Keep the others out of too much trouble." I murmured as he gave a soft whine before disappearing after his brothers, he always did as I asked. "Some bodyguards you have there." Will snorted as he came to my side of the car, raising a teasing eyebrow at me.

"Oh hush you. They're dogs and no matter how much Uncle Phil tells me they are work animals they still deserve a chance to be dogs." I growled playfully but my words were truth, and they more than earned some time to themselves. I knew they would come back when they were ready, they always did. Will shook his head before throwing his arm over my shoulder, I tried not to tense I really did but I guess old habits die hard. 

My muscles tightened involuntarily at the action and I felt the moment Will realized my discomfort and slowly pulled away. "Cr*p. Sang I'm so sorry I wasn't even thinking, and it was an accident and I shouldn't have done that with... I'm so so soooo so sorry." He rushed out looking slightly panicked, the moment he pulled away I felt the emptiness inside trying to sneak in. I wanted the contact but normal human interaction didn't always work with me, I wasn't normal. 

"Will it's alright you just surprised me that's all, relax already." I strained my best smile at him, bracing myself mentally as I bumped shoulders with him, well shoulder to torso. He was important to me I could do this one simple thing for him, but no matter how much I tried or how much I cared for him this still didn't feel, right. 

Will smiled and slung his arm over my shoulder again, I forced myself not to flinch this time, I refused to hurt his feelings anymore at my expense. Good thing I was a decent actress when it came to dealing with the people around me. "Come on then, let's go see your new house." Will smiled as he led me up the curb stopping at what had to be a dream vision house, I couldn't help but smile at the beauty of it and I hadn't even gone inside yet.

 The siding was a pale cream color and black high-lighting the doors and windows, with the overall style of a somewhat victorian era, the place was bigger than I imagined in size and it's two story height. "It's beautiful." I breathed, I couldn't understand how he could give it up or how it was now considered mine. Will held up a set of keys before placing them in my shaky hand, " Go ahead." He nodded before stepping away to give me my space, I internally breathed a sigh of relief. 

Then I was rushing up the front steps, had the door unlocked in seconds before I practically flung the door open and entered my new house for the first time. It took a moment to take in the magnitude of the ginormous living room already fit with a few large tan couches and a matching loveseat. The flat screen TV wasn't to be left out either, the man cave vibe it had oddly relaxed me, it was perfect. I knew for a fact it wouldn't be long before those couches were covered in pet hair. The stone fireplace underneath the TV was beautiful too, there was just so much to take in, a lot of house for just one little me. 

The kitchen and dining room were a dream in themselves oak wood dining table, cedar cabinets, granite countertops, steel fridge and stove sets, even a walk in pantry. I was in a bakers paradise, seriously the kitchen alone could fit 20 people easy, I could see myself learning to like it here. Even the bathroom was respectable, I was getting more excited by the second. I pretty much took the stairs two at a time, maybe that was why upstairs was such a disappointment.

 Unlike the extravagant downstairs the upstairs was uneventful, even to the point of needing some work done. The walls needed a new paint job, two of the rooms were completely and utterly empty and the main room had nothing but a bed in it, at least the bathroom had toilet paper. "It does need some work, in all honesty I bought it as a bachelor pad, but the bed is brand new." Will's voice surprised me, I hadn't heard him approach, must be losing my edge or maybe I'm just tired, I haven't really slept well in a while. 

Will stood in the doorway of my new 'room' or as I would call it a bed with four empty walls around it, yeah it needed a little work but I loved it and I could handle a little manual labor. It would be worth it in the end, but even thinking about the cost of repairs and decor was making my head spin. I was a poor girl living in a rich guys house, mine now, but I seriously need to get a job. "It's perfect Will, thanks." Those four words we're a sentencing of sorts, a claim to something I hadn't had for almost as long as I could remember. A home, 'my' home, that thought alone was going to take some time to get use to, but it seemed I was going to have a lot of that to come.