Chapter 35

Sang

As soon as everyone had finished eating the boys all headed upstairs for their Academy meeting and I decided to explore the mansion house a little better. I had enjoyed the game room and all but on Victor's tour he had mentioned a music room and I really wanted to acquaint myself with it, so that was where I was headed. I stumbled through a few doors since I only knew the general area of where this supposed music room was, behind one of the doors was a small home gym which I might inspect later, but not right now. 

After finding a giant bathroom, and an extra sitting room I finally figured out where the music room was as I stood in the doorway, admiring the instruments in awe. I had learned to play quite a few on my travels and otherwise, but the grand piano that sat off to one side of the room drew me in like a moth to a flame. I sighed to myself as I ran my finger lightly over the keys, I loved the familiar texture they provided, but I chose not to play since I didn't want to possibly interrupt any meetings going on, even if the place was gigantic.

 "Well you beautiful piece of art, I hope to see you again soon, but right now I need to go get a drink." I murmured as I gently patted the piano longingly before heading back to the kitchen, I committed the music rooms exact location to my memory. I was slightly disappointed not seeing the guys in the kitchen, I had gotten so use to being around them that when they weren't there it was like a part of me was missing with them, even if they were a few flights of stairs above my head. I shook off the feeling of loneliness as I headed to the fridge and pulled out some sweet tea, setting it on the counter as I tried to find a glass.

 After searching a few of the cabinets I found out the glasses were higher up and silently cursed my height as I used the counter for boost to finally get my hands on one of the glasses. I clambered off the counter with glass in hand, accidentally knocking over a folder with a soft curse as the contents spilled out onto the floor. Oops. I huffed as I sat my glass beside the jug of sweet tea and started to quickly shove the papers back into the envelope. I was making quick work of the mess when suddenly something caught my eye and I froze, my heart pounding as I slowly picked up the picture that was lying face up on the ground.

  Why would they have this picture, what reason would the Academy have to be investigating them? My hands were shaking as I looked down at the photo, the four goons in the background were stomach turning enough but the one in the center was absolutely heart stopping. I wanted to wake up and find that this part of my morning had been nothing but a nightmare but I knew I wasn't that lucky. "Okay Sang, there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for all of this and absolutely no reason to freak out." I muttered to myself as I slowly stood with the photo in hand, so I was loosing my mind and talking to myself again, great.

Not to mention the fact your freaking out. Stupid brain making me freak out about freaking out. I huffed internally as I studied the photo closer, the five figures were obviously getting off a plane somewhere and the picture was taken from a fair distance away, had to be a pretty powerful camera to get that good of a picture too. I poured myself some tea, taking a sip as I tried to figure out why the Academy boys would have a picture of a New York plane. 

I nearly choked as I finally noticed something in the background of the photo, something familiar and so very not New York, sputtering as I noticed a slightly out of shot but recognizable face of the man who had handled my pets on the day of my arrival in South Carolina. Okay Sang, don't panic, maybe the guy had a wicked twin with the same exact job, or maybe it's an older photo. But what reason would those explanations give as to why the Academy was so obviously investigating this? I squinted hard at the photo again, ignoring the fact my eyes kept wanting to trail back to the center of the photo and the familiar tattoo of someone I'd rather forget. 

I was scanning the background for a definite sign that this was indeed a photo at the airport I believed it to be, and my fear was further confirmed as I noticed the pixelated sign in the background. Well there was always the chance that this was a old photo that the guys might be going off for some new Academy thing, right? I was entirely convinced by my own thoughts so I flipped the photo over for a possible 'date taken' and I instantly paled, the urge to be sick had become increasingly strong. The date on the back of the photo was the same date that I had arrived on my own flight, my shaking picked up as I fought the urge to hyperventilate.

This can't be happening, not again, if he's here then that means... "Oh, holy cr*p on a cracker." I hissed out, the realization of everything that happened since my arrival came crashing in on me. He came for me. The guys photos in my mail, the guy in my kitchen that was killed in my driveway. He had found me, and I was not about to let him take me without a fight. "I need to find the guys, NOW!" I muttered to myself as I headed up the stairs in a hurry, I also needed to stop talking to myself, but hey I was stressed so I could deal with that sh*t later. I knew the guys were upstairs and they had said a few flights so I went up two flights, and then I got stuck since I had absolutely NO CLUE as to where their meeting was being held. 

I scanned the numerous amount of doors with a groan after my little music room expedition I knew this was going to suck since I had no general area to go off of. "Well Vic I certainly hope you don't have any dirty secrets hidden around here because the doors might just become wide open on them." I grumbled to myself as I held tight to the photo in my hand and went to work opening doors in search of the boys and the meeting they were holding. I ground my teeth as the memory of what He had done to the people that had been the light in my darkest times. I couldn't let it happen again, maybe, just maybe I'll be able to save them this time. I can certainly hope.