Chapter 5

Sang

After taking my bath I had quickly gotten dressed in some jeans, a blue t-shirt, my black leather jacket and boots. Now I was speeding down the road dodging cars on Harper, enjoying the wind as it raged around me. The fact I didn't get pulled over never really surprised me, people didn't really care about much in this world. With the speed I was going I made sure to slow down as I came close to the designated meeting sight, good thing too since Uncle Phil was waiting for me with his arms crossed. "Hey Uncle Phil, long time no see." I called playfully as I killed the motor and took off my helmet, doing my best to give what I hoped was a 'please don't kill me' smile. 

"Sang, just what am I going to do with you." Phil sighed shaking his head at me. "Well a hug would be a good start." I smiled as he chuckled and wrapped me in his protective arms, before pulling away again. "Well kiddo, are you ready to eat?" He asked throwing an arm over my shoulder and pulling me to him. I felt no need to pull away, it had taken him years but he had my complete trust, just not my complete story. I owed him everything, without him I'd be dead, but I just couldn't tell him everything that had happened with my past, he would never look at me the same again. "Uh... it's me you're talking to, I'm always ready to eat." I teased giving him a mock glare which he returned a moment before chuckling. 

Seating ourselves across from each other, we told the server our orders and she went to get them ready as I enjoyed a delicious cup of coffee. A few years ago I had never had the stuff but now I had it every morning and occasionally before bed, it never really effected my sleeping habits, those were screwed up on their own. You did not want to be the person to keep me from my morning coffee, without it there was not a nice bone in my body. Just another reason to be shocked I hadn't attacked Kota at the park earlier this morning. "So, how was your flight, anything interesting?" Phil asked, sipping his own coffee as he studied me. I hated when he did that I was the one usually studying everyone else, not the other way around. 

"Not really, same old boring plane stuff. Did you happen to have anything to do with Will gifting me a house, and a very nice one at that?" I questioned sternly as he choked on his drink, turned that around quick didn't I? "No, no, no, why would you say that. And your very own house to call home isn't that nice?" I could practically taste the fake smile he gave as I frowned. "Cut the bull Roberts, I know better than that, not to mention every single one of your tells just went up like a red flag. Spill it." I ordered, he might be high government but I was high don't give a sh*t, yeah I said it. 

"I don't know how you do that every single time, yes I may have had something to do with persuading the boy to give you his house since he was getting rid of it anyway." He sighed, rolling his eyes slightly, please tell me he didn't. "Uncle Phil please tell me you didn't use the do it or die thing on Will, I like having him not completely terrified of being around me!" I exasperated, the old man was always interfering. "Don't worry I wasn't that hard on the kid, besides he wanted to help out." Phil said as our waitress arrived with our order. "Sausage and cheese omelette with bacon and a muffin on the side for the gentleman and a stack of chocolate chip pancakes with bacon on the side for the lady. Are you sure you can handle all of that sweetie, I can get you something else if you like?" The woman drawled motioning to the three giant pancakes and bacon, I was drooling just thinking how they would taste. 

"She's sure alright."Phil chuckled and the waitress went to serve the other customers, he knew what I was capable of considering the few nights he let me stay with him. I may be small but I sure know how to eat, being as my parents never really had food I was allowed to eat, very often I went hungry in the past, now I enjoyed every meal like it might be my last and who knows what might happen. I ate the bacon like it was nothing before settling in on the pancakes, the first bite was heavenly in my mouth and I couldn't help the moan of it's sweet chocolatey goodness. "What?" I murmured around a mouthful of pancake as I noticed Phil had barely touched his food and was watching me with amusement in his eyes.