Chapter 4

Owen

"Alright everyone listen up!" I announced in order to quiet the conference room, and silence reigned as they did as told. Overall my team could get loud when they wanted to, but being the boss had it's perks. "Why the sudden meet up Mr. B, the text made it seem urgent?" Luke questioned leaning his chair back, balancing on two of it's legs. I silently willed it to tip, but that wasn't going to happen anytime soon. 

"Yes Mr. Taylor the message was urgent as I received a call this morning telling us to meet here for an important discussion on a new mission." I informed the room as I scanned my brothers, frowning at the empty chair. "Does anyone know where Mr. Lee is?" I asked, Kota was never late, he was all about timing one of the reasons he was my second in command. Just then the door burst open and the one in question came rushing in, guess that answers my question. 

"Sorry I'm late Mr. B. I was at the park with Max and there was this girl and I lost track of time, it won't happen again." He panted out taking a seat as I raised a brow to him, must have been some girl if he, the numbers man himself lost track of time. "She must have been f***ing something to keep your mind off the clock Kota." Gabriel chuckled, my sentiments exactly. "Mr. Coleman, language." I huffed sternly, I don't know why I tried, as my brother I knew he would never change. 

"Glad you could join us Mr. Lee, now let's get everything straight. Dr. Roberts has called us all in for an important meeting of a mission he thinks we might take an interest in." I announced, to the groans of the room. "We just got done with the f***ing last sh*thole at the Ashley Walter's school of f***ers!" Gabriel exclaimed throwing his hands up, he wasn't wrong there that mission had been a complete fail. "I understand your reluctance but we signed on for this sort of thing, helping others where and when we can. Do any of you wish to go against that?" I questioned my brothers getting various negatives in response. 

"Well then I expect everyone to be on their best behavior in Dr. Roberts presence." I said sending a look towards Gabriel and Luke. "Hey!" They shouted simultaneously, getting chuckles from around the room. "Does this have anything to do with why he's making Kota and me move house?" Nathan asked and the others looked for my answer expectantly. "That's an excellent question and I do believe it does Mr. Griffin. Dr. Roberts said it may be a place of interest." I responded, just then a knock on the door sounded before Dr. Roberts himself entered. 

He seemed to be muttering to himself about crazy kids and motorcycles, and some girl being in trouble, before he noticed the full room. "Well good you're all here let's not waste any time and get straight down to business." The middle aged man was all business as he handed out a stack of files, I took mine silently. "Just why is it we were called in so urgently Dr. Roberts?" I asked the question I knew the entire team wanted to know, as they nodded their agreement.

 "I am officially assigning the Blackbourne and Toma team's to this mission effective immediately, everything we know of is in the files. It isn't much to go off of so good luck with that. What we do know however is our worst fears have been confirmed as arriving on a plane from New York sometime last night was a group of A list targets. These men are said to have connections to the top gang in New York and the Russian mafia." No wonder he was bringing in the Toma's. 

"They have been laying low with no confirmed sightings since, these men are believed to be armed and dangerous. We don't yet know their real names or the reason they have decided to pay South Carolina a visit, but whatever reason it isn't good. We believe they and their connections may have even played a part in the Ashley Walter's case last month, but without proof we can't prosecute them. You and the Toma's are the best bet at catching them, I want you to observe at first and go from there. So do you think you can do it?" Dr. Roberts asked as I shared a look with my team, a few faces were blanched but determination was locked on their faces.

 "It says here that only four are on the list but the picture shows five." Victor stated pulling a photo from one of the folders, sure enough five men were leaving the plane. "Yeah, whose bozo number five?" Dr. Sean Green my best friend since we were kids questioned, I was wanting to know the same thing. "We don't know, he isn't on any databases that we could find maybe you can work your magic and dig up his records." Roberts responded. "You don't have anything on him, nothing at all not even an alias?" North cursed as he stood and started​ to pace. 

"No." Well this just got more complicated, I had full faith in my team but without much to go off this wasn't going to be easy. "The mystery guy is the closest and most clearly made out in the photo, are you sure you can't run the picture online?" Silas asked softly, as he too studied the photo. "We ran it through everything we had with no match, that's why I called this meeting, I need all of you on this NOW." Dr. Roberts stressed the importance of this being immediate.

 "I will make sure that Axel Toma gets in touch with you shortly, now I ask again do you accept this mission?" He seemed to evaluate our reaction, as I shared a nod with my brothers. "I am willing, and I will obey." We all echoed the affirmative, and Roberts seemed to sag in relief, I had no idea he was so tense over this. "Thank you all. Now if you'll excuse me I have a breakfast date with my neice and I don't want to be late." He stood gathering his remaining things, stuffing an envelope into his briefcase.

 "Wait, you have a neice?! Since when, how old is she how come I never met her? When do we get to meet her?" Luke was practically vibrating out of his seat as he rattled off questions. "Yes Luke I have an 18 year old adoptive neice, and considering the fact I've known you for quite some time that should be enough reason as to why you haven't met her." Dr. Roberts replied sending Luke an examining look before silently shaking his head. The room broke out in laughter at Luke's shocked expression, my own lips even pulled up in my millimeter smile. 

"And to answer the last question, I hope you don't meet her anytime soon, but if you do know this, I am a very resourceful man and she is very special to me. If anyone were to hurt her and I found out about it, I know plenty of ways to make evidence disappear." Roberts warned to Luke's gulp, the old guy could be scary when he wanted too. "Good luck with the mission boys, let me know what you find by next week." He said then walked out the door as if nothing had happened, leaving us all just staring after him."Well that was just rude." Luke huffed crossing his arms as he glared after the spot Roberts had disappeared. 

"That's enough Mr. Taylor. I do believe we all have a lot of work to do. Victor see what you can find and if you need to collaborate with the younger Mr. Henshaw do so. Mr. Lee and Mr. Griffin you worry about getting settled into your new homes, as soon as you do check the surrounding area for any leads. Mr. Korba I want you and the two Mr. Taylor's to check out what you can at the airport, see if anyone saw anything that didn't get recorded. Mr. Coleman you Dr. Green and myself are going to look into what we can on the connection that these men may have had with Ashley Walter's. Is everyone clear on their assignments?" I asked scanning the rooms for affirmative. "Well then, let's get to work." I ordered as everyone began to move including myself, we had a lot of work to get done if we were going to find these guys.