Chapter 1

Sang

Sometimes life sucks a big one, and sometimes you're living a dream. I mean one moment you could be wishing you were dead and the next, a hero can rise and pull you from the pit of death, give you more money than you've ever seen, shove you on a plane, and tell you to go live your life, follow your dream and see the world when you're ready let us know. I should know it happened to me.

One day I was saved from my past by a guy I now consider a crazy Uncle, he has funded my escape and for that I am forever grateful. I was 16 then, I just turned 18 a few months ago and have seen everything I could have dreamed of the world. I stayed in France, Greece, Australia, Africa, Montana, Wyoming, and even took a trip to Japan, it was fun and all but life gets lonely without company. So I decided it was time to head back to glorious SC where the two most important people in my life live.

Now I am currently on a plane heading their way, and I am a complete nervous wreck. One because I haven't seen Will since I escaped the nightmare I left behind and I don't have a clue how we'll get along. I left him as close to a friend as I'd ever gotten and I really hope he doesn't hate me for not staying in contact, hard to do when trying to disappear. The second reason being my three dogs were down in cargo and I hated being away from them, they were my babies.

There was Duke and Billy the two brothers that were Mastiff, Pitbull, Great Dane mixes, and they looked like twins with identical tan coats and brown tipped ears and nose. They were sweetie pies unless you got on their bad side, then you were lunch. Then there was Nuka the sort of odd man out, he was a wolf-dog, but looked more like his husky mother in color. He was not a people person or wolf-dog as the case may be, I was the only person he liked or tolerated, anyone else was basically public enemy number one. No matter his attitude I still loved him, hard not to since I raised him from a pup.

All three of them were sort of my personal bodyguards, 'uncle' Phil even had them trained when I told him I didn't want big burly guys following me around 24/7. Not that I really needed protection anymore considering I could handle myself in a fight if I had to, the 5 inch blade strapped to my ankle and out of sight was enough proof of that, I always had Slou with me. And yes I named my knife Slou don't judge me, she had my back more often than not.

I was shaken from my thoughts as the pilot announced we would be landing shortly. Well looks like I'm about to find out if Will hates me and I'll have a whole other reason to disappear​, at least I won't have to be kept away from my favorite four legged bodyguards any longer.

The moment I got off the plane I was looking for two things Will, and someone who would be bringing my dogs to me, may he not be ripped to shreds. I was internally laughing at the poor sucker that would get stuck with dog duty when a set of arms wrapped around me from behind. I froze for a second slowly bringing Slou up to my hand as I readied myself to get whoever this was off and away from me as quickly as possible.

"Sang, long time no see. I was beginning to think you forgot about me." the familiar voice halted my hand from freeing Slou and I turned to the man behind me. "Will!" I couldn't help but smile as I launched my arms around my old buddy. Before we both pulled back to study each other. He was exactly as I remembered him kind eyes and small smile, except he was taller than when I last saw him hard to believe he was 19 now with his baby face.