Chapter 67

Sang

I pulled up to the front of Victor's place with a smile on my face but suddenly I found myself frowning that something just didn't feel right. All the cars were here but everything seemed far too quiet, and my senses were all on high alert. "No reason to panic maybe they're just trying to throw a surprise party or something." I murmured as I checked that my guns and knife were still readily available before climbing out of the Jeep. 

I called the dogs to my side and even they seemed uneasy all of them were growling warily, something I knew was uncharacteristic of Max for sure. When I got to the front door only to notice that it was slightly ajar I pulled Lighting free from my waistband and kicked the door open. Well there were no explosive devices going off or shots being fired so that was a good thing, but there wasn't any sign of the guys either. I called out a few times without a response before I cautiously made my way inside, gun drawn and ready if needed. 

I hadn't gone far before I noticed Victor's phone laying on the ground in the hallway with Victor no where in sight. The sinking feeling of dread was heavy in my gut and spreading rapidly as I sent the dogs to search with me. They were all reluctant to leave my side but at my order they split off in search of the guys as I took note that it was hot in the house and Victor's phone was by the air conditioning unit. I heard a bark from upstairs and call my three pets to my side as I headed warily upstairs to search for Max. 

I found him whining miserably in a sitting room with a drink pitcher on the table and glasses strewn around the room, some of them broken. "What happened here?" I breathed out as I carefully went to inspect the pitcher. I took a whiff and noted it smelled like tea and something slightly familiar, I tilted it to Nuka for confirmation and he growled a warning before sneezing at it a sure sign that sedatives had been added to the drink.

 I put away Lightning at his actions knowning it was unlikely I would find anyone inside the house, someone had planned this out and I had a decent idea who. I knew that they had to be good enough to get past the security system and sedate the guys and most likely drag them out of the house to a waiting vehicle. I headed back downstairs and went to inspect the air conditioning unit only to see it had been partially glued shut, making it extremely difficult for Victor to open and giving the intruders time to strike.

 I knew for a fact there had been multiple intruders but for them to take the guys with leaving reason as to why was.... I was cut from my thoughts as I noticed an unfamiliar phone sitting on a nearby table, a piece of paper lodged underneath it. I carefully lifted the paper and hissed as I read it out loud to myself. "We have them all, every last one such a shame they had to meet someone like you and they don't even know why. It's number 1 on the speed dial if your curious. I'll be waiting for your call my little Song Bird." It wasn't signed but it didn't have to be. 

I knew who wrote this note even as I called the speed dial on the disposable cell, they answered on the second ring. "Hello Sang." his voice made my skin crawl but I was far too angry to be bothered by my disgust. "Where are they?" I growled my demand into the receiver as he cackled back. "We all have our jobs now don't we little traitor, mine just so happens to be infiltration of security systems and drugging tea jugs." I could feel my blood boiling at my rage.

 "Stitch I swear if you don't give me their location now I will find it and kill you, along with anyone who gets in my way of keeping them safe." I hissed as my knuckles turned white from my grip on the phone. "You think I am afraid of you but you're nothing compared to them Sang, what they do...." his voice trailed off and I heard the tremors in it but I no longer cared, he took my guys from me that was unexceptable.

 "So you finally get that they can and will kill you but you seem to be forgetting what I'm capable of. Now where are they you sick little twerp!" I was shaking from anger now. "I'll text you the address, can't wait to see you face to face again Betrayer." I cursed as he cut the call, sending an address a second later by text. I took some deep breaths to try and calm myself I knew they expected me to go rushing to the address to barter my life in turn for everyone else's but I wasn't the clueless kid I once had been. 

I knew if I went to the location he sent it would be a trap, that the guys would be killed as soon as they got what they wanted and captured I would be powerless to stop it. The likelihood that they would even be on sight of the meet up was little to none, the only hope I had was to find them myself before it was too late and hope I could get them out without getting caught. I searched the address up and scoped the aerial view, a large open lot with no cover was perfect for getting a few shots off at anyone arriving in a hurry. I had an idea come to mind and started to take the cell apart until I found what I was looking for. I grabbed my laptop and inserted the chip running a few quick tests as I backtracked where the call had passed back and forth. 

I narrowed the search little by little knowing that I would only have one chance to get it right, I tensed as the search dinged up a match. "Gotcha." I breathed as I took note of the location and set up a quick security thing on the chip so no one could trace it for what I had planned. I quickly stuffed my laptop into my backpack with some extra ammo and a few knives from the kitchen. Then came the hard part as I picked up my phone and called his number he answered on the first ring as usual, I didn't give him time to speak as I rushed my own words. 

"Phil there's been an incident at Victor's place and I'm going to go resolve it if I can but if not...take care of my babies for me okay old man. Goodbye." I whispered before hanging up and turning off the phones GPS as I hugged each of the dogs and grabbed my bag. I took one last look at the room behind me with my whimpering pets as I walked out the front door and climbed into my Jeep. I was going to get my guys back even if it killed me, after all I was Academy now and I wasn't about to loose the very team I had just earned a spot on not without a fight. 

                                                             Victor 

I struggled to open my eyes to find myself bound tight and my brothers and the Toma team were no different. "Is everyone alright?" Axel rasped out and we all confirmed we were uninjured, for now. "Good you're all awake, now the real fun starts." a lanky guy stepped from the shadows as we eyed him warily. "Who are you, what do you want?" Kota tried to inquire and the lanky guy cackled out.

"They call me Stitch not that you'll ever get to tell anyone. Besides you're not all here because of what I want, your here because of what he wants." I had a moment to realize this was the hacker I'd lost to so many times before a voice spoke from the darkness. "At this moment Sang Sorenson is on her way to an undisclosed location to rescue you, but in reality she won't even be able to rescue herself." I strained to see who spoke but he was hidden in the shadows. 

His words sent chills through me as I worried over the safety of Princess, the others sent out their own worries with curses around me. "She wouldn't be that stupid." I spat out. "And that's why you're not dead yet." Stitch's voice sounded, the yet prominent in his voice. "You really don't know her at all, and we won't tell you anything about the little bird." Raven growled out as he struggled in his bindings the unknown voice chuckled darkly in response.

 "On the contrary I know Sang quite well, better than you might think." the voice darkened and I shivered at the deadly tone. "Who a you!?" North swore out and I felt my stomach drop as a man I had only ever seen in a photo limped into the light. I knew how bad this situation truly was as I stared at the deadly look in his eyes and the evil smirk on his face, the others gasped and swore around me as they too recognized the man in front of us. "They call me the Devil." this person was a powerful evil after the little bird we all loved, and we could do nothing to stop him.