Chapter 17

Sang

Two weeks. It had been two weeks since I walked out that door and left those 14 kind and caring guys behind me, it felt like two decades. I had been ignoring the guys since that night I walked out, they had been trying non-stop to contact me and make amends. I wasn't mad at them really, but it felt like they had betrayed me somehow and I had let them in so easily. It was like I couldn't get away from them, they were at the dog park, in my neighborhood, on my doorstep, and they constantly begged me in text to contact them, but I refused. 

I continued to run every morning with my dogs and started to take up training again, courtesy of a few items I ordered with Uncle Phil's credit card. I now had a mini gym inside my guest room, and I worked at building my strength no matter how much my shoulder or ribs hurt, pain I could work through, being weak I could not. My shoulder was slowly gaining the scar of the wound I received as it no longer hurt anymore but the ribs were still tender on some occasions. I was going back to work at the Diner today since Uncle had finally accepted I wasn't going to take no for an answer, I didn't want to face the boys but I needed that job now more than ever. 

I needed some cash in case I had to make a quick get away, I was on edge now more than ever knowing that my enemies were actively searching for me. The moment I set foot inside the Diner I was almost overwhelmed by how much I had missed it, by how much I missed the boys I associated with it, and the happiness the place itself brought me. "Cupcake you're here!" Luke's voice was like a dagger to my heart, so hopeful and happy as it pleaded my forgiveness. "Yes Lucian, I do believe I work here." my words were cold and biting, every one hurting me as much as I needed them to drive him away. I walked into the kitchen avoiding Luke's painfully pleading look and was surprised to see Nathan among the usual guys, he was speaking with Uncle. 

"Ah, Sang you made it, how's the shoulder doing?" Uncle asked with a smile, he was the only one I wasn't upset with here. "It's doing better, thank you." I gave him a small but forced smile as I felt all eyes on me. "Alright then, I'll let you kids get back to work." Uncle nodded before he headed back to his office, it had been forever since he pulled me aside in there. "Aggele mou?" Silas whispered out, his voice so sad I wanted to bury my face in his shoulder and cry out my apologies, but I had to keep them at arms length, I could see that now. "Don't Silas, please." I whispered out, shutting my eyes to avoid their gazes, I wasn't sure I could take much more of the puppy dog eyes.

 "Trouble are you still mad at us?" Gabriel sounded utterly defeated, I didn't need to see him to know his emotions but I sighed as I turned to the room full of boys. "I'm not mad at any of you, I'm disappointed that you didn't trust me, when I put more trust in all of you than I've put in anyone in a very long time." I forced the words out as I kept my face expressionless, don't you dare cry Sang, don't you do it, you've cried enough over these boys. "Sang Baby we couldn't tell you about the mission even if we wanted to, it's confidential information." North sighed out, I missed his growling at me, I wished he would do it more often, it would be so much easier to push him away then. 

"North I wasn't asking to know about your mission but you could have at least told me you were Academy, let me know what I was up against, give me a warning of some kind." I confided my pain to them, their faces fell as one. "Sang we are all sorry, please forgive us." this from Nathan was the last straw, these boys were truly breaking me. "It's not that easy, don't you get it. It can never be that easy, not for me." I choked out, fighting back my tears, stupid traitorous eyes. "Cupcake?" Luke came into the kitchen and I couldn't take it, how could I keep these guys away when they cared so freaking much. "Tell Uncle I'm sorry but I was wrong, I'm not ready to start working again just yet. I'm going home." I barked the words as I rushed out, I needed to get away, stop myself from being selfish and succumbing to their pleas to trust them once more.