Chapter 16

Owen

The moment I saw the blond haired green eyed gorgeous bird that all of my brothers were falling for I knew I was in trouble. I had done my best to look calm as the guys went to wait in the living room, even as Sean cut away her bloody shirt I kept the emotion from my face. The moment he started to clean away the dried blood though sent a jolt of horror through me, the scars that scattered her stomach were varying in size and shape, but I knew what they meant. 

When Sean asked us to help turn her so he could see her back I immediately complied, what I saw there I will never be able to understand. Who could do that to a person? I felt physically sick at the sight of the jagged scars that had to have been extremely painful to endure, and this bird had survived them. I could make out some bullet wounds, stab wounds and what might have been wounds caused by a whip but the worst was the slice that went from her shoulder to her hip. 

The skin was raised as if it had been ripped open and zipped together, I knew for sure now that this bird needed us, and I wasn't letting her go. I had to leave the room then, making sure to hand them a shirt to dress her in as I went to confront our waiting team members. The moment I told them that she was scarred the whole room came alive with curses and sworn statements to kill whoever had hurt the little bird, and I couldn't blame them.

 Then someone had brought up the mission and North blurted something angrily in Greek, and Sang was there chewing us out for being Academy. I had done the one thing that I had ordered my brothers not to do, I had pushed our Ms. Sorenson too hard. I saw the moment of heartbroken mistrust cross her features and I could see her walls slamming into place, shutting us out brick by brick and I wanted to pull her into me and never let her go. 

I was stunned with the rest of them as she called North out in Greek, telling us we would not learn her secrets without giving our own, and when she stalked out none of us stopped her. I couldn't help but stare at the door as it slammed shut behind her, I may have just ruined the best thing that had ever happened to any of us, by making her waltz right out of our lives because I screwed up. "What do we do now?" Kota whispered out, I could see the broken looks on my brothers faces. 

"We go over there and f***ing beg for her forgiveness. That's what we f***ing do!" Gabe tried to growl out even as his voice broke, he was moving to follow her. "No Mr. Coleman we need to give Ms. Sorenson some time, don't push her into anything right now." I ordered half-heartedly, even I was effected by her disappearance. "We have a lot to discuss right now as it is." I murmured to the room as everyone gathered around solemnly.

 "So Mr. Toma what happened today?" I needed to know how everything went down. "We we're at the shooting range going to blow off some steam and then she showed up out of nowhere." Axel started. "Little bird pulled out her guns and challenged us to a shoot off." Raven added as the rest of his team nodded. "So how bad did you beat her?" Nathan questioned, as the five Toma's shared a look, Brandon pulling out a paper target that was carefully rolled up.

 "We didn't, she beat us." He muttered as he unraveled the target on the table in front of us, and there inside the bullseye were ten bullet holes in the form of a smiley face. I wasn't the only one surprised by this, such a thing would take great skill in firing a weapon. "Sang Baby did this?" North questioned in awe as he examined the target. "She told us never to underestimate her." Marc sighed, something told me there was more to that than was said.

 "We stayed a while after that having some fun, friendly competition and then she said she had to get home." Corey interjected this time, unusual since he often stayed quiet. "She hadn't been gone long when we decided to pack up and leave. We got to the exit and there she was fighting off four male attackers on her own." Axel continued, a feat any of us would find troublesome on our own. "Then when we yelled three jumped into a nearby van, no license plates." Brandon added on.

 "The one guy had a gun and right when he turned to get a shot at us Sang flung a knife at him and it went straight through his hand!" Marc was very animated on the subject, so Ms. Sorenson could throw knives, that's certainly interesting. "The guy dropped the gun ripped the knife out and joined the other three in the van, they took off real quick but Raven fired a few shots after them." Corey nodded, I almost wished I could have been there.

 "Sang picked up her blade tossed Brandon the keys to her bike and rode with us to come here. We didn't know she was shot until twenty minutes in the car later she asked us to hurry up and then I let Raven take the wheel while I took care of her the best I could." Axel finished, the little bird was tougher than any of us previously thought. "You did a good job Axel, and you got her here before things got too bad."Sean stated, as the Toma's nodded their thanks to him. 

"Mr. Morgan please see what you can find on the little bird now that we have a last name." I ordered as he started typing away. "So we're just going to ignore the fact that the bird has scars all over her from God knows what?" North growled, I internally shivered at the memory. "And not just any scars." Sean mumbled under his breath. "What do you mean doc?" Nathan questioned this time, true concern showing for the first time since he had first stated he wasn't sure he trusted the bird.

 "The scars that Pookie has, have to be the worst I have ever seen on anyone or anything." Sean's words, had everyone in the room going pale. "Trouble is really that bad?" Gabe looked green at the thought as Sean nodded, curses sounded the room. "Who would want to hurt Aggele mou?" Silas wondered sadly, I didn't have the answer. "Hey guys I think you need to see this." Victor called as we turned to him. "What have you found Mr. Morgan?" I inquired. 

"That's just it there is nothing on a Sang Sorenson other than a birth certificate and a high school diploma, other than that according to this she doesn't exist." Victor muttered to the room. "So Cupcake's a ghost bird?" Luke asked, slack jawed like the rest of us. "I think so. But look at what I found here, there is a Mr. Sorenson that runs some company in New York." Victor stated as he typed away again, then he stopped suddenly, his fingers stilled over the keys. 

"What is it Vic?" Kota asked urgently. "I found something on a Mrs. Sorenson from around two years ago." Victor muttered out. "What is it?" Sean questioned curiously as we all leaned in. "It's an obituary, it says here that Mrs. Sorenson was found dead in her living room, killed by an unknown attacker." Victor's words froze the entire room, what had happened with that little bird that had captivated us all? And more importantly, were we falling for a murderer or a victim of circumstances? I would be sure to find out and as I looked around the room I knew my brothers shared my care and concern for this bird that had stolen our hearts.