Chapter Eleven - A lovely afternoon

One month later, the final exams of the Imperial College had started. Brian and Ruby were still forming a couple, but they had not seen each other for a week, for the simple reason that Brian was too busy studying. Ruby was still hesitating between leaving college or keeping studying Medicine. Her first exam had passed, and she knew she had failed.

Dennis had woken up from his coma and his mother and sister came to the hospital almost everyday to visit him. His eyes went back to their normal state, so did his skin. His father still had not come back from abroad, though he was supposed to get home a week after Ruby and Brian's date.

Brian and Roger still had not met Freddie, Tim's friend from Ealing Art College. But Roger talked to him through the telephone and they planned a meeting after the exams.

One Friday, Brian came over to the Franklins' flat and spent the half of the afternoon listening to music with Ruby. He had also brought his guitar that he had named "Red Special". Prudence was out shopping with two of her friends, Rita and Mary. 

The couple was sitting on Ruby's bedroom floor. Brian was playing his guitar and was singing a Jimi Hendrix song. When he stopped, his beloved girlfriend applauded him and hugged him tenderly. He put his guitar aside and took her into his arms.

"Brian?" she whispered.

"Yes, treasure?"

"I love you." she smiled. He smiled back and tenderly kissed her. He played with a lock of her hair and stuck it between his nose and his lips, pouting. Then, he proceeded to imitate an Italian accent.

"Ma! Brrian love Rruby verry much! Brri want eat pizza with Rruby!"

"Oh no, Bri, that's so stereotypical" she said, bursting out laughing. He let her lock go and hugged her again. He buried his face in her hair and then slowly kissed her neck. She got thrills through her whole body. She grabbed his shoulders and let their lips meet. 

His fingers clenched on Ruby's blue blouse, pulling her even closer. The intensity of their kisses grew and grew. Their breath accelerated as though they had just run three miles. They stared into each other's eyes. 

Ruby sat on his lap and pulled on his purple t-shirt. Ruby panted in Brian's ear "Brian, I... I want you now."

The young man faced her; Ruby noticed that his pupils were dilated and his eyes were twinkling. He kissed her and gently nibbled at her bottom lip. Then, his lips wandered down her neck, giving it soft pecks and sometimes biting it. Ruby's hand ventured under his shirt and rested on the warm skin of his back. Slowly, Brian removed his shirt and pressed his body against hers. They stood up, walked up to the bed and let themselves fall on it. 

They kept making out whilst Brian gently took off Ruby's blouse, stroking her waist. She kissed his neck, her hand buried in his curls, went up to his ear and bit his ear lobe. He moaned and placed his mouth on her collar bones. His right hand slipped on her thigh and he blushed. 

"Can I?" he whispered.

"Of course you can!" she replied, kissing him again and again. Her hands slipped down his back and grabbed his jeans that she removed carefully. He unbuttoned hers and made them slip along her legs, freeing her from them. Then, both put off their socks. 

Ruby caressed Brian's chest and stopped moving, listening to their irregular breaths filling the room.

"Have... Have you done that before?" Ruby whispered, staring down at his stomach.

"Only once." she said. "Have you?"

"Only once too." she blushed. 

He kissed her neck and bit her earlobe. His hands gently cupped her breasts, and he admired them with a shy grin. He proceeded to remove her bra and kissed what was hidden behind it. Ruby's cheeks turned red, and she ran her hands through his hair. They both removed their underwears and saw each other in the most natural outfit. Brian's eyes were shining.