Chapter 26-Math date

Leon up above

Crystal's pov

After my first 3 classes it was lunch time. I headed to the cafeteria and met up with Remi and Elva. We payed for our lunches and went to our regular spot. I got my usual pizza with an apple juice. We started talking about our classes when Leon walked over. "Hey Crystal." He said. Gosh his teeth are so perfect. He smells so amazing I could sniff him for days. I didn't realize I was staring till he tapped my shoulder. "Umm, hello?" He said. "Oh, sorry! What's up?" I said pretty embarrassed of myself. "Do you mind if I sit with you guys? My friends are being, well you know, boys." He said. "Of course you can sit with us!" I said and shoved my bag of the table to make room for him. He started laughing and sat down. My friends were making faces at me and I gave them a look. "So Crystal, I was wondering if you wanted to go to the coffee shop downtown to work on math together?" He asked. I really wanted to, but what about Mackenzie? We were supposed to hang out after school today. Maybe I can do both? "I had plans already but I think I could do both." I said. "Great! Just text me when your free and I'll come pick you up." He said. I was so excited. I nodded my head. My friends were smirking. I swear if they embarrass me! We all started talking about our favorite youtubers. Then Ash came over to our table. Something about him gives me a bad vibe. "Hey guys!" He said. We all said hi back.

Joeys pov

I saw my baby girl was sitting next to that boy. Ugh! He makes me mad. I sat on the other side of the table by Remi. "So how are you liking our school?" Remi asked. "It's nice lots of friendly people." I said. I saw Crystal and Leon giggling across the table. I need to make sure they don't get to close to each other. I have a plan.

"So Crystal, I was wondering if you wanted to go to the park after school and hang out?" I asked. "I would love to, but I already have plans." She said. "I'll go with you to the park!" Remi said. Elva rolled her eyes. Remi isn't my favorite person, in fact she actually creeps me out. But sh ecould give me some information on Crystal. "Sure, that sounds great!" I said. She started smiling really which really freaked me out. The bell rang and we all headed to our next classes.

Crystal's pov

School just ended so I was waiting outside for Mackenzie. I saw her roll up in her convertible. "Get in loser we're going shopping!" She quoted from mean girls. I started laughing and hopped in. "So where are we going?" I asked. "First to get some frozen yogurt, and then I thought we could go to the mall and do some shopping!" She said. I was so excited. I really needed to go shopping. We arrived at the frozen yogurt place. I got cake batter flavor with sprinkles and a cherry. Mackenzie got cotton candy with gummy bears. We headed to the mall. We went to Hot topic since its my favorite store. I was looking for some chokers. Mackenzie went to look for some hats. While I was looking I saw someone staring at me but I ignored them. Then they came closer to me. "Crystal?!" The voice said. I looked up and saw a black dude. He looked faintly familiar. "Hi, who are you exactly?" I asked. "It's me, Jerry!" He said. His name sounded so familiar! "Haven't I've seen you before?" I asked. "Ya, but it was a long time ago." He said. Looking at his face brought back some memories and I knew exactly who he was. "Your my brother aren't you!" I said excitedly. "Wow! I'm surprised you remembered that! It's been a long time!" He said. I gave him a big hug. "Look how big you've gotten!" he said. Mackenzie came over. "Who's this?" She asked. "This is my actual brother Jerry, Jerry this is my friend Mackenzie." I said. They shook hands. "Crystal we should probably get going if you want to meet up with Leon." She said giving me a wink. I swatted her arm "Stooooop!" I said whining. "Here let me give you my number." Jerry said to me. I handed him my phone and he put it in. "Text me when you have to chance I would love to catch up." He said. "Okay I will see you later!" I said. Mackenzie and I finished shopping. She took me home and walked in with me. "Honey I'm home!" She screamed. I laughed. My mom came to the door. "Hey guys! Did you have fun?" She asked. "Ya it was!" I said. I wasn't going to tell her about Jerry right that second. "That's good! You have a guest in your room." she said. "Okay." I said. I gave Mackenzie a hug goodbye and headed upstairs.

When I got to my room I saw Leon sitting on my bed. "Oh hello!" I said. "Hey sorry I came early I was going to wait for you to text me but I had nothing to do you your mom and I chit chatted for a little bit." He said. I started laughing. "Chit chatted?" I asked. He just smiled like a dork. "So you ready to go?" I asked. "Yep, let's blow the popsicle stand!" He declared. I started laughing again. We headed downstairs. "Mom we're leaving i'll be back later!" I said. "Okay honey love you!" She said. "Love you too!" I said. We got into his car and drove off.

We arrived at the coffee shop and I ordered a hot chocolate and a red velvet cupcake. Leon ordered a coffee and a blueberry muffin. We sat down and started working on my math. He explains it so much better than my teacher! "So do you understand this now?" He asked. "Ya actually, you are an incredible teacher." I said. "Why thank you." He said and pretended to flip his hair. "So Crystal, I was wondering if you wanted to maybe go hang out at the park or something." He said scratching his head. "You mean, like a date?" I asked hoping he would say yes. "Only if you want it to be." He said smiling. I smiled back. "Sure, when do you want to go?" I asked. "This Saturday?" He said. "Sounds good!" I said. Then the waiter came and brought the check. Before he could grab it I reached for it and stuck my money in. "Hey, I was paying!" He said. "Too bad, it's my treat." I said. He tried to take it from me but I ran and put it on the counter. "Alright, you win this one but next time we go out, I'm paying!" He said. "Fine, deal." I said.

Leon dropped me off at home. I waved goodbye and he waved back. When I got in I saw my mom pacing around. "Mom, are you okay?" I asked. "Yes, I'm fine." She said quietly. "Hey mom, where's dad I haven't seen him for a while." I said. She just stared at me. She looked down and started shaking her head. "Come sit." she said. I went and sat at the table. She sat by me. "Now I don't want you to panic but I don't know where your father is. He never came home that day he went to do errands, I called Dwayne and he is searching for him right now. All we can do is pray for now." She said. I took deep breathes. I was trying to process what she just told me. I nodded my head and headed upstairs. I laid down in my bed and just thought about what she just told me. I grabbed my picture of my dad and I and held it close to my chest. "Please God, please let my dad be okay." I prayed. Then I slowly drifted off to sleep.

Hey guys hope you liked this chapter. It was really fun to write!

1. What is Joey going to get out of Remi

2. Where is Crystal's dad?

3.Do you think Leon is going to ask Crystal to be his girlfriend

4. Do you think Jerry has something important to tell Crystal?

Afrikaans work of the day: Apple=appel

Love you all bai!