Chapter 9 - Learning Quidditch

Isabelle's POV

It was the next day, Harry and I were with Oliver Wood. He was explaining Quidditch to us. "Quidditch is easy enough to understand. Each team has seven players. There are three chasers, which is you, Isabelle, two beaters, one keeper and a seeker. That's you, Harry." said Oliver.

We set down the case and he opened it up.

"There are three kinds of balls. This ones called the quaffel."

Oliver tossed the ball to me.

"That's the ball you're handling, Isabelle."I nodded as I looked at the ball.

"The chasers---" I cut him off.

"---handle the quaffel and tries to get it through those three hoops." I said.

Oliver smiled at me.

"Looks you know a lot about it." He said.

I nodded.

"And the Keeper, that's me. defends the hoops. With me so far." Oliver said.

"I think so." Harry said, while I nodded.

"What are those?" Harry asked.

"You better take this."

Oliver handed the bat to Harry.

He unhooked the chain and a ball went flying up. Then it started to come back down.

"Careful now. It's coming back." Oliver warned Harry. When the ball came back down, Harry hit it and it went to the other direction.

"Not bad, Potter. You make a fair beater." Oliver complimented.

"Nice hit, Harry." I said.

"Thanks."The ball suddenly came back.

"Uh-oh."Oliver caught it and he struggled to put it back in the box. I helped him out.

"Thanks, Isabelle." he said.

"Call me Belle, if you wanted to." I said.

He smiled.

"What was that?" Harry asked.

"Bludger. Nasty little buggers, but you are a seeker." Oliver replied. I stood by Harry again as Oliver opened a latch and pulled out a golden ball.

"The only thing, I want you to worry about...is this. The Golden Snitch." Oliver said.

Harry grabbed it. "I like this ball."

"Ah, you like it now. Just wait. It's wicked fast and nearly impossible to seek." Oliver said.

"What do I so with it?" Harry asked.

"You catch it, before the other team seeker do. If you catch this, the game over. If you catch this, Potter. We win." Oliver replied.

Then suddenly the golden ball started to change. It had wings.

It flew up.
"Awesome!" I said, smiling.

"Okay, now I want to test out Belle's  aiming points." Oliver said.

He handed me a broom.

Then we flew up.

"Harry! Threw the ball whenever you're ready." Oliver said.

Harry nodded.

"I won't go easy." Oliver said.

I smirked.

"Ready! GO!" Harry threw the quaffle and I caught it before Oliver could. Now he's blocking the goals. I twirled around the broom and used one of my ice powers and scored.

"What?"I giggled and flew down to the ground. "That was brilliant, Belle!'' Harry said. I smiled as Oliver came down with the Quaffle.

"It looks like we have our secret weapon." Oliver said.

Harry looked confused.

"Look." He handed the quaffle and he saw ice.

"Whoa." Harry said.

"I shouldn't have used that." I said.
"That's okay, its just practice. You actually use it in the match." Oliver said.

I looked at him, amazed.

"But, the way you threw it...it was way too fast, i couldn't even see it." He said.

I let out a giggle.

I guess Quidditch is not that bad.