Chpater 30 - Defense Against Darks Arts

Isabelle's POV
We went to Defense Against of Dark Arts Class.
Hermione was sitting by Susan Bones, while I sat with Erika.
We both got our books out.

"Let me introduce you to your new Defense Against Dark Arts Teacher....Me!"

That familiar voice belonged to Gilderoy Lockhart.

YOU. GOT. TO. BE. KIDDING. ME! I yelled in my thoughts.
Erika's expression weren't very happy.

We looked at each other with shock and then back at him.

"Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defense League, and five-times winner of Witch Weekly's Most-Charming-Smile Award-but I don't talking about it. I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at him." he said.

Then he started to laugh nervously.
I quietly gagged.

Then in front of me and Erika. Hermione and Susan were...falling for his charm.

"Please tell me Hermione's not falling for his charm." Erika whispered to me.

Hermione is sitting right in front of me with Susan Bones, and....

"She already is." I whispered back.

"I see you've all brought a complete set of my books. Well done! I thought we'll start today with a little quiz. Just to check how well you've read them, how much you've taken in..." he said.

YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!
He then began to ciruclate papeers.
He gave me the papers and I handed one to Erika.

"WHAT THE----" I whispered yelled.
"You're telling me." Erika whispered in disgust.

And then I heard Harry and Ron, obviously I can hear them.

"What is Gilderoy Lockhart's favorite color?'' Harry said.
"What is Gilderoy Lockhart's Birthday and what would his ideal gift be?" Ron said.

Then I looked at my paper, and stared at question 16.
"Who's Gilderoy Lockhart's rival?" I read.
"What's Gilderoy Lockhart's favorite holiday?" Erika read the next question.

THIS IS THE LAMEST TEST I'VE EVER TAKEN!!!

"You have 30 minutes. Start now!" Lockhart said.

Our quills began to dart across the pages.

Then got to thinking on question 16.
"Couldn't think of one." I mumbled quietly.

I didn't read his books, so I only guessed.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
~Some Time Later~
Everyone was done by now.
And Lockhart had collected all the sheets.
He rifled through the completed exams.

"Tut. Tut. Hardly any of you remember my favorite color is Lilac. But Miss Hermione Granger knew that my secret ambition is to ride the world of evil and market my own range of hair care potion. Good girl!"

He praised Hermione with a wink.
"Thanks." Hermione said, blushing.

I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"But, I'm most impressed with Miss Erika Lee and Miss Isabelle Lee. The Twins. You got ALL of the questions right." said Lockhart.

WHAT?!

"Um....I only guessed, sir." I said.
"Same here." Erika said.
Lockhart gave me his smile.

"Wonderful, my fair ladies. You two are so like your beautiful mother." he said.

Erika and I have him a weak smile.
"But what's the answer to question number 16?" Seamus asked.
"Well, thanks for asking Mr. Finnigan. Who's my rival? After all this time...my rival is Jimmy Lee." Lockhart replied.

"EH?!" Erika and I exclaimed.

"Yes, yes. Jimmy and I go way back. Even though, he kicks me in the butt." he mumbled the last part.

Erika and I giggled at that.

Now! On with the lesson!

"Now, be warned! It is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizardkind." said Lockhart as he tapped his wand on something.

"You may find yourselves facing your worst fears in this room. Know only that no harm can befall you whilst I am here. I must ask you not to scream. It might...provoke them!" Lockhart removed the handkerchief.

Erika and I snickered.

"Cornish Pixies?" Seamus laughed. Harry and Ron laughed as well.

"Laugh all you want, Mr. finnigan, but pixies can be devilish tricky little blighters. Let's see what you make of them, HA!" He opened the cage and the pixies came out.

My eyes widen and I ducked down. Hermione jumped, making her knocked down her books.
"Come on now, they're only pixies!" said Lockhart.

Everything was getting destroyed. One of the pixies pulled Neville's ears and hang him on the chandelier. Everyone left the classroom, except for me, Erika, Hermione, Harry and Ron.

"Ugh! Get off me!" Hermione shouted. A little pixie was tugging on her hair.
"Hermione, hold still." I said.

I grabbed my book and hit the pixie.
"Peskipiksi Pesternomi!" Lockhart said.

But nothing happened. It just makes the pixie go more wild.

The pixies snatches Lockhart's wand and he ran up to his office.

"I'll ask you 5 to just nip the rest of them back into them back into their cages." he said, and he went to his office.

Seriously?!

"Now what do we do?" asked Ron.
Hermione throw her book to the ground and pulled her wand. And I raised my hand.

"Immobulus!"
"Crystal Coffin!"

All the pixies frozed into the places while they're stuck into a crystal coffin that I made.

"Serves them right." Erika said.

"Why's always me?" Neville asked.

That's a very good question, Neville. I thought.

We helped him down to the ground.

"Thanks guys." he said.
"No problem, Neville." I said.

We started to get the pixies back into their cages.

"Come on, let's get out of here." Harry suggested.
"Totally. I'm sick of this teacher from the start." Erika said.

We all walked out of the classroom.