Chapter 36 - Dueling Club

Isabelle's POV
Harry's arm went back to normal and now where in the bathroom. Without Erika.
She's been off lately and we're worried about her.

But then, Harry told us what he heard last night.

"Again? You mean, The Chamber Of Secrets has been opened before?" Hermione asked.
"Of course. Don't you see? Lucius Malfoy must have opened it when he was at school here. Now, he's letting Draco doing it again." said Ron.
"Maybe. We'll have to wait for the Polyjuice Potion to make sure." said Hermione.

"And don't lie me. Why are we brewing this in broad daylight in the middle of the girls laboratory. Won't we all get caught?" Ron said.

"No. No one ever comes in here." I said.
"Why?" Ron asked.
"Moaning Myrtle." Hermione replied.

"Who?" Ron asked again.
Then I saw Myrtle coming out. I think Hermione saw her too.

"Moaning Myrtle." Hermione and I said.
"Who's Moaning Myrtle?" Ron asked again.

"I'm Moaning Myrtle!" She snapped at Ron. Then she flew to the middle of the bathroom.

"I wouldn't except you to know me. Who would ever talk about agony, weeping, miserable Moaning Myrtle." she said.
She squealed and went back to her toilet.
I facepalmed myself in the face.
"She's a little sensitive." Said Hermione.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Gather around. Can you all see me?! Can you all heard me?!" Lockhart exclaimed.

"Good. In light of the Dark events for some weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little dueling club to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I, myself have done on countless occasions. You will have my details if you read my published work." he said.

"What a thick head."

Right beside me, it was my sister.
"Erika! Where were you this morning? And why you look so pale?" I asked, as I whispered.
"I was studying as usual, Belle. Sorry that I've been missing out lately." she replied.

I sighed at that.

"We all miss you, you know. Harry, Ron and Hermione." I said.
"I know, but we'll hang out soon okay." she said.

I slightly nodded my head and turned towards what's happening in front of me.
"Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape." Lockhart introduced. 

Snape came up, casually.

"He has sportingly agreed to help me with this demonstration. Now, none of you worry. You'll still have your Potions Master when I'm through with him." said Lockhart.

"Snape will totally kick his butt." Erika mumbled. 

I nodded agreeing with her.

Snape and Lockhart faced each other. They did their standing positions and bowed. They walked a distance away from each other.

"1,2,3," Lockhart said.
"Expelliarmus!" Snape said.

He cast the spell and it hit Lockhart.

"Remind me not to mess with Professor Snape." I whispered.
"You're telling me." Erika mumbled.

"Do you think he's alright?" Hermione asked.
"Who cares." Ron and I said, in unison.
And when I looked to my left, Erika just suddenly disappeared.

What? She was just here. I thought.

"An excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but mind me saying it was pretty obvious what you were about to do. If I wanted to stop it would have been to easy." Lockhart said.
"I would have been better to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells." said Snape.

Lockhart went speechless.

He cleared his throat and turned around.
"Now, let's have volunteer. Potter. Weasely. How about you." said Lockhart.
"Weasley's wand needs to be fixed. We'll be sending Potter to the Hospital Wing. Might I suggest someone from my own house. Malfoy Perhaps." said Snape.

Malfoy smirked and got up on the platform.
~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Harry's POV
"Good Luck, Potter." said Lockhart.
"Thanks, sir." I said.

Malfoy and I walked closer to each other.
"Wands at the ready!" Lockhart said.

We did the starting position.

"Scared, Potter." he said.
"You wish." I said.

We walked away from each other. At the corner of my eye, I can tell Belle's worried about me.
I gave her a nod, saying that I'll be fine. But then, I looked around and didn't see Erika anywhere.

I thought I just saw her? I thought.

"On the count of three. Cast your charm to disarm your opponent. Only disarm. 1,2,3." Lockhart said.
"Everte Statum!" Malfoy cast the spell to me. Causing me to fly in the air. I landed hard on the platform.
Slytherin's were laughing and snickering.

I got up like MAD!

"Rictusempra!" I send him the spell. It caused him to fly back.

Snape picked him up and pushed him a little closer to me.
"I said disarm only." Lockhart warned us.

"Serpensortia!" Malfoy summoned a snake.

I lowered my wand and looked at it.

"Don't move, Potter. I'll get rid it for you." said Snape.
"Allow me, Professor Snape. Alarte Ascendare!" The snake flew into the air and came back down.

I started to walk closer to the snake with a curious look.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Isabelle's POV
Harry started to walk closer to snake and started to speak Paseltongue.

He speaks snakes? I thought.

The snake started to look at Justin. He stepped back.
Harry warned the snake. But the snake hissed at him.

"Vipera Evanesca." Snape made the snake vanish.
Harry blinked and didn't know what's going on.

"What are you playing at?" Justin asked.
We looked at Harry, shocked. He looked around and noticed that we were all staring at him.

Then he suddenly walked out. Ron, Hermione and I followed him.