Chapter 69 - Court

Isabelle's POV

It was early in the morning, And I didn't know this is going to happen.

And guess where I am? I'm in the Ministry of Magic for the witness for Buckbeak. And Hagrid is here as well. Even my dad.

"We're here Belle." Dad said.
I nodded and followed Dad.

I left Erika a letter, telling her not to worry about me. I'll explain everything to her once I come back.

We walked down to the hallway and spotted Hagrid.

"Hagrid!" I called him.
He turned to me and I ran up to him, giving him a hug.

"Belle, what are you doing here?" He asked.
"She's here because she's the witness." Dad replied.

Hagrid wanted to protest but I stopped him.
"I wanted to, Hagrid. I want to let the minister to hear my side of the story." I said.

Hagrid smiled slighty.
"And Hagrid, I don't want to see you all sad." I said.

Hagrid sniff and smiled again.
"Thank you, Belle. You always make everyone have the smile on their faces." he said.

I giggled and hugged Hagrid again.
"Here comes trouble." Dad said, looking at the distances.
Hagrid and I pulled away and looked as well.

It was Lucius Malfoy.

"Ah, well if it isn't Jimmy." he said. Then he looked towards me.
"What she's doing here?" he asked.

"My daughter is here as witness, Lucius. But where's your son? Too chicken out?" Dad asked.
"Hmph, I rather not let my son in this place. He depends on me." Lucius replied.
"Then you don't have any prove." Dad said.
"That I don't, but the way I work here, Jimmy. I always win." Lucius said.

Dad walked up to him and glared.
"We'll see." Dad sneered.

I walked up to Dad and nudged him on the arm. Telling to go.
"Let's go, Hagrid." Dad said.

Hagrid nodded and we followed him leaving Lucius Malfoy.

~Court~
"Court is now in session." Fudge said.

Right now Hagrid and Luicus is in the middle of the court room.
"Why are you two here?" asked Fudge.

"We're here because I'm suing Rubeus Hagrid, for letting his Hippogriff attack my son, Draco Malfoy." Lucius replied.
"Explain, Hagrid." Fudge said.

"I was just showing Buckbeak for class. It was my first time teaching, sir. And Buckbeak is a good hippogriff. Always cleaning his feathers." Hagrid explained.
"Your honor, I'd must say...that hippogriff was a deadly and dangerous creature who would kill you as soon as look at you." Lucius said.

"Lucius Malfoy does have a point." said one of the memebers.
"Actually..." Dad stood up.

The judges turned to him.

"A Hippogriff is actually quite harmless. The Malfoy Boy just wanted to have a little attention." Dad said.
"And do you have anything to prove that, Jimmy?" Fudge asked.
"Actually, we have a witness." Dad replied.

He turned to me and nodded.
I nod back and stood up. And then I walked next to Hagrid.

"Explain what happen Miss Lee." said Fudge.
I was about to start until....

"Which twin are you, dear." Fudge cut me off.
"I'm the second Twin, Isabelle Lee." I replied, nicely.

"Ah, how nice. Continue, dear." he said.

"Well, it was during class, which is Hagrid's first time teaching it to us. He showed Buckbeak for us to learn---" I was about to explain more, until Fudge mention about my arm.

"Did you get injured, Miss Lee?" he asked.
"Well, yes I---" again I was cut off.

"Then there we have it. Buckbeak is a dangerous creature." said Fudge.
"But, I didn't get to finish what I said!!!" I snapped.

Fudge stayed quiet and listened.
"I did get injured. But I got it worse than Malfoy. It was just an accident, sir. If Malfoy didn't walk up to Buckbeak in a haste pace. We wouldn't be in this situation." I said.

"It's true, sire." Hagrid said.
"Your honor, surely that hippogrriff needs some punishments." said Lucius.

Fudge sighed at that.
"Please, Minister. For what my daughter says, she speaks the truth." Dad said.
"What if she's lying? What if you told her what to do, Jimmy." Lucius asked, smirking.
"Are you saying my daughter is a liar?! Ha! Not a liar like you, Lucius." Dad sneered at him.

"All I wanted is that Hippogriff to learn his punishment." Lucius growled.
"All I wanted is for you to know your own place!" Dad snapped.
"SILENCE!!!! I will choose what will happen." said Fudge.

We all looked at him. Fudge sighed and looked at us.
And....I can't believe it's happening to Buckbeak...to an innocent creature.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Erika's POV
"Where's Belle, anyway?" Ron asked.
"She left me a letter saying that she's in court with Hagrid. She's probably with Hagrid now." I replied.
"Great! Let's go there." Harry said.

While we were on our way to Hagrid's.......
"Beautiful Day." Hermione said.
"Gorgeous. Unless you've ripped to pieces" said Ron.
"Ripped to pieces?" asked Harry.
"What's going on with two?" I asked.
"Ronald has lost his rat." Hermione replied.
"I haven't lost anything! Your cat killed him!" said Ron.
"Obviously my cat didn't kill him!" Hermione said.

"Harry, Erika, You've seen the way that bloodthirsty beast of hers...is always lurking about. And Scabbers is gone." Ron said.

I sighed.

"Ron, it's not Hermione's fault. Look, who's responsible for Scabbers anyway?" I said.

Ron didn't say anything.

"Thought so." I said, smirking.
"But that doesn't mean a thing. I never lost anything in my life." Ron whined.
"Like ever." Hermione said.

"This is all your cats fault, Hermione." Ron blamed Hermione.
"Yah!!!! Stop it! You two are arguing like a married couple!!!" I snapped.

Ron and Hermione stared at me, because they never seen me mad like this.
They both looked at each other and argued again, while walking away.

Harry and I...stood there like.....
"This is not my day." I mumbled.

Harry chuckled at me and patted my shoulder.
"Don't worry about that. I'm mean Belle will fix our day." he said.

"Yeah, let's go before those two do something even worse." I suggested.

~Hagrid's~
"How did it go, Hagrid? The hearing?" asked Hermione.
"Well, first off, the committee members took turns talking about why were there...Then I got up and did my piece. Said how Buckbeak was a good Hippogriff, always cleaned his feathers. And then Lucius Malfoy got up. Well, you can imagine. He said Buckbeak was a deadly and dangerous creature who would kill you as soon as look at you." Hagrid explained.

"And then?" I asked. "And then, Belle and her Dad...came up for a witness. Belle said whatever she could to save Buckbeak. After that, Jimmy and Lucius started to have a fight." Hagrid replied.
"And then what?" Hermione asked.
"And then he asked for the worst, did old Lucius." said Hagrid.
"They're not sacking you!" said Ron.
"No, I'm not sacked.' replied Hagrid.

Hagrid sobbed quietly.
"Buckbeak's been sentenced to death!"

~Guess what's Belle going to do? *evil laugh*~