•Y/n's POV•

"Y/n, wake up!" Tyler said, shaking my shoulders awake. I noticed we were still at the park sitting under a tree, and both of us must have fallen asleep.

"What time is it?" I asked tiredly. He quickly pulled out his phone from the back pocket of his black skinny jeans and checked the time, only to slide it back in his pocket.

"It's 4 AM," he said.

"My parents are gonna kill me if I come home this late..." I sighed, leaning against the tree that was behind me.

"My parents won't be too happy if I come home this late either," he commented. He then rested his head in the crook of my next, and began to stroke my hair.

"Hey Y/n?" He asked faintly.

"Hm?"

"Remember when you told me I should make a band?"

"Yeah."

"Well, I talked to Josh about it and he liked the idea. Since I already have a few songs written, I managed to get us to play at that coffee shop down the street this Saturday," he spoke quietly.

"That's great!" I exclaimed excitedly. "Can I watch?"

"Of course," he giggled.

A few seconds later, he stood up.

"We'd better get going," he said, and put his hand out to help me up. I took his hand and he pulled me off the ground, so I was now standing next to him.

"Yeah, lets go," I said, and we began to walk home.

Once we arrived at both of our houses, he stopped in front of my house.

"Goodnight, buttercup," he smiled, and kissed my cheek.

"Goodnight," I responded, and gave him a quick hug before running towards my front door. He walked over to his house, while I pulled out my keys to open the door. I unlocked the door and opened it as quietly as possible, and shut it behind me carefully. I tip toed my way upstairs, hoping nobody could hear me.

_______________________________

The next day my parents weren't too angry. They asked where I had been and I said I was at Mackenzie's, so they believed me. I hated to lie, but they would be mad if I had told them I was with Tyler.

Soon enough Saturday came, and I was getting ready to leave for the coffee place to hear Tyler and Josh play.

I walked out the front door, heading to my car. Normally when I would open my door, Tyler would be standing there with a bright smile, ready to pick me up. But, of course, my parents wouldn't allow that anymore.

I arrived at the coffee shop, and opened the door, the smell of coffee immediately blowing into my face. I saw Tyler and Josh setting up a few things in the back of the shop. Tyler was setting up his microphone, which was next to his keyboard, and Josh was setting up his drums.

"Hey guys!" I exclaimed, running towards the back of the shop to see them.

"Sup," Tyler spoke, looking up towards me with a smile.

"Hey," Josh smiled, setting his drumsticks down on his drums and walking over to me and Tyler.

"So, are you guys excited?" I asked.

"Yeah, kinda nervous though," Josh replied.

"You'll do great," I assured him. Josh nodded, but Tyler still looked nervous.

"Can we talk for a sec?" Tyler asked quietly.

"Yeah," I replied, and took his arm to pull him aside. "What is it?"

"Remember that night I told you I was scared nobody will listen? Well look, this place contains people that have no idea who I am. Why would they listen?" He looked at me desperately.

"Maybe not everyone will, but Tyler, there are plenty of people who feel the same way as you," I told him.

"I don't know. Sometimes I just feel like I'm the only one who deals with this stuff," he commented, his eyes adverting to the ground.

"You definitely aren't the only one. There's millions of people who can understand you. And some of those millions of people will hear your music one day. And I don't just mean they'll hear it, I mean they'll listen." I said.

"Tyler, we're gonna start now!" Josh called from behind his drums.

I quickly kissed Tyler, and gave him a small hug before sitting down at a table to watch.

Tyler walked over to the microphone and picked it up.

"So uh, I'm Tyler," he nervously spoke into the microphone. "And this is Josh," he said, pointing to Josh who was behind his drums. "We're twenty one pilots, and well, the first song were gonna play is called Ode To Sleep."

Twenty one pilots. I remembered Tyler telling me about this play he had to study back in high school, and twenty one pilots had something to do with it. I figured he must've decided to name his band after it.

"Josh, you ready?" He asked, turning around. Josh nodded, and Tyler turned back around. He started to play the song on his keyboard, while Josh began drumming.

Once they had finished the song, the people in the shop began clapping. I ran up to the both of them excitedly.

"That was amazing!" I squealed, and pulled them both into a group hug.

"Ugh, never mind you're sweating. Get off me," I grimaced, and tried to pull away from them, but neither of them would let go of me.

"Let me go!" I laughed. Josh laughed and let go, and walked back over to his drums. Meanwhile, Tyler still had his arms wrapped around me.

"Tylerrrr," I whined.

"Okay, okay," he giggled. Before he let go, he leaned in and placed his lips against mine, pulling away a second later. I ruffled his hair before going to sit back down and listen to them play another song.